Search for content in message boards

Vogt family

Vogt family

William Vogt (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 6:57PM GMT
I am trying to find my grandfather, whom no one in the family will talk about. His name is Friedrich Emil Vogt b. around North Rhine, Westphalia, Germany. He had possibly two children: one, my father Erwin Vogt and
two, possibly Wilhelm Vogt. Wife of Friedrich was Anna Emile Hubert. Friedrich may have been a German POW held in Fort Clinton, MS. Any information will be greatly appreciated and will exchange any info that I have.

Bill Vogt

Bill Vogt

Bee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 9:56PM GMT
My father was from Austria,or Germany, I knew him as William but it could have been Wilhelm, I was 6 when he died and I was raised in foster care. I know my father spent time in a labor camp because he had a tatoo on the inner aspect of his arm and his neck. We were never allowed to talk about where we came from, no family member ever came forward when he died. I've lived all these 46 years wondering where I came from, I only know his mother was Anna. I lived in the Port Richmond area of Phila. when my father was alive, I now live 4,000 miles away.My Bill Vogt died Nov. 1959. Maybe we are related? Good luck in your search Bill.

Vogt

Kim Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 7:51PM GMT
I am looking for Wilhelm Friedrick Vogt Maried to Maria Helena Becker they had seven or eight children. My mothers parents were killed in the second world war and we have a very little luck in tracking the family since. Kim

Bill Vogt

Bee (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 2:11PM GMT
Thank you for getting back with me. My uncle Wilhelm is still alive and lives in Germany. The only known member of my family, aside from me, that came to this part of the world was my grandfather Emile and that as a german prisoner of war. I will keep searching for my ancestors. Who knows we may cross paths again and find out we are related. May your search be fruitful.
bill

bee

Bill Vogt (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 2:16PM GMT
sorry about the title mixup, don't have the handle on e-mailing yet
bill

Thanks Bill

Bee (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 5:58PM GMT
Thanks for your reply, Bill. I hope you find what you are looking for, as for me, maybe this is a journey too painful to take right now. God bless you in your search. Bee

Wilhelm Friedrich Vogt /Maria Becker

Posted: 16 May 2001 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 1:55AM GMT
Hellow Kim,
I am also researching the Vogt family and in doing so I have come across an Irene Smith who is researching your names. Her parents were also killed in the 2nd WW. Her Wilhelm was born in Karlsruhe in 1839 and Maria was born Hanover 1844. They had 7 children. Please contact me if you want further information. Regards, Jenny

Irene Smith

Kim Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2001 6:35PM GMT
Hello Jenny, Irene Smith is my Aunty and lives in England. She must of only recently got the information as my mother hasn't told me about it yet. Could you please tell me how I can contact her over the internet?
Many thanks
Kim Osborne
Tasmania
Australia

Vogt Family

Posted: 21 May 2001 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 1:55AM GMT
Kim,
I have now spoken with your Aunt and she is delighted that you are interested in family history. She is not on internet but I can pass on any message. She asked me to tell you "good on you". She has managed to find out quite a lot recently about where they came from in Germany and I can forward 1881 census showing your ancestors in London. Wilheim and Maria Vogt aged 37 and 19 respectively coming from Baden and Hanover. Please e-mail me direct and I shall reply.
Regards,
Jenny

direct email

Kim Osborne (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 6:42PM GMT
Hi Jenny,
I am glad to here from you and even more pleased to see that you obviously have such a good contact with my aunty. What is your direct E-Mail address and yes I would appreciate anything that you send to me. Tell my Aunty I said hello and everyone here is well. Mum and Dad are in Queensland soaking up the sun while we are all freezing. I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter.
Thankyou
Kim Osborne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions