Search for content in message boards

Samuel Perkins

Samuel Perkins

Posted: 20 Sep 2002 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perkins
I am trying to find any info on Samuel Perkins, married to Betsy (Elizabeth) Ham 1816 in Shapleigh, York, Maine. I found a son Joseph Nathaniel Perkins, 3 Feb 1833, Wakefield, Carroll, New Hampshire. Are there more children? Where did they go from there? There are so many Samuel Perkins between Maine and New Hampshire. Any help would be grealty appreciated.
Thank you.
Heidi B.

Re: Samuel Perkins

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 8:32PM GMT
Hi, I'm looking for the same Samuel Perkins. He is my GGGG-Grandfather. I wish I had more information, It's been a dead end for me also. I had an uncle who was working on this line a few years ago. He found some info that would further the line, but he was killed in a freak accident a week later. That's where the search ended. I've been trying to pick up the peices and haven't had any luck. What have you found out?

Heidi (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 5:21PM GMT
Whick child are you descended from? I think there is a Samuel (R.) Perkins that was born in 1834, along with Joseph Nathanial Perkins in New Hampshire. I can't find anything to corroborate that Betsey Ham is their mother. Only possibilities. Joseph went on to Utah and married there and had 3 sons, then died very young. I have no record of the rest of his family in Maine. There is a Samuel Perkins married a Mehitable, with a son also named Samuel, but this isn't my line. My Samuel Perkins married an Elizabeth (possibly Betsy) and lived between New Hampshire and Maine. He would be my 4th great grandfather. Please let me know if this is truly the same Samuel as yours, and maybe we can pool our information.

Heidi (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2003 4:25PM GMT
Joseph Nathaniel Perkins is my 3rd great-grandfather. I have some info that substantiates that Betsy Ham is his mother. Let's corroborate what we have. I may have Samuel's parents and immediate family also.

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 11:40PM GMT
What are the odds? I'm looking for a Samuel Wakefield Perkins born 1829 died 1905 that married Elizabeth Garland in 1862 and I'm from Mesa AZ too! I don't think we're looking for the same guy though. In particular I'm looking for his parents from Maine. No records anywhere I can find

Posted: 14 Mar 2004 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2004 10:30PM GMT
I also have a 3rd great-grandfather named Joseph Nathaniel Perkins (b. 03 Feb 1833), who had 3 sons (in Utah). I am descended through Joseph Nathaniel Perkins->George Newman Perkins (b. 03 Jan 1860)->Alma Alexander Perkins (b. 27 Dec 1893)->Wayne "B" Perkins (b. 18 Aug 1922).

We have been stopped at Joseph Nathaniel. We have confirmed from census information that Joseph was born in Maine, USA in 1833 or so.

What is your line down from Joseph Nathaniel?

Heidi (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2004 10:24PM GMT
Our line also comes through George Newman Perkins, to Barbara Elizabeth Perkins b. 1 Dec 1981, to Ethel Elizabeth Merrit b. 12 Sep 1910, to Barbara Lou Ames b. 27 Dec 1929. I think I may have found a book that chronicles more of the history of the Perkins family in the Maine and New Hampshire area. I am still researching to see if I have the correct Samuel Perkins, father of Joseph Nathaniel. From where are you receiving your information?

Posted: 1 Aug 2004 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Perkins, Merritt
We visited Bedford, Wyoming over the 24th of July weekend. We went to the cemetery in Bedford and took digital photos of all of the related headstones. We were able to find the Perkins's who were buried there, including George Newman. We also found Barbara (Perkins) and her husband Jim Merritt (I think your ancestor).

We knocked on a few doors in Bedford and were able to locate two homesteads that the Perkins's lived on in Bedford. At one home, I was able to find a man whose mother was a friend to Barbara Perkins and whose father dated Barbara. I copied the pertinent text from the journal.

While returning home through Idaho, we ran across a Perkins reunion (of all things). These were descendants of George, through his son Clarence. We now have contacts with people in that line who are searching for the same information about Joseph Nathaniel and his parents.

I think I have your email address. I'll send you a note so that you can have our email address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions