Search for content in message boards

Veerkamp info wanted

Veerkamp info wanted

Cathy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 1:04AM GMT
I am looking for information on the Veerkamp family. They came to America in the 1830's or thereabout. Franz Veerkamp to be specific from Hanover, Germany. Thanks.

Re: Veerkamp info wanted

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Cathy, researching Veerkamp from Elbergen&Emsburen near Lingen N.E. Germany. Bernard& Gerhard came Cincinnati,Oh Would like to share info, Have church records to 1750, barb

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2004 10:41PM GMT
Surnames: Verkamp
I am interested in tracing a specific Verkamp-Birth 1833 Gerhard H. Verkamp(brother Bernard 1834, Mary 1835). His parents only known as Gerhard and Elizabeth(died on boat 1846 according to family folk lore). I understand you may have Catholic Church records of Emsburen area. This particular line went directly to Cincinnati(not Indiana branch).
One of the descendents of G.H. feels he was baptized in Baden Baden in 1833?
Thanks-trying to wrap up loose ends before my Fatherinlaws 80th Birthday 3/18/03.!

barb kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2003 4:17PM GMT
Diane, I cannot match your names and dates to what I have but I am interested in yor line. Did they come from Emsburen?? This is the site to acsess church records there. http://db.genealogy.net/olb/emsburen Appearently 2 men have compiled the records of church there.my actual Veerkamps are from little town nearby callen Elbergen I have a book "The 1100 Jahre Elbergen'" It names the founding families. it is in GERMAN so I can only pick out names, dates. Let me know what's up.....barb

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Verkamp/Veerkamp
Barb Kennedy: I have a german friend in cinti who can translate for me. I have been unable to access the web site you recommended in Sept.

The specific line is Gerhard H. DOB Oct 1833, Brother Bernard(died 1835), Sister Mary. I have been unable to locate them or Parents Gerhard and Maria.(died on boat in 1836 on the way to US).

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 10:41AM GMT
Surnames: Darpel, Bens
Not sure if you're still working on your genealogy, but here's the current page for that site with the English translation: http://www.online-ofb.de/emsbueren/index.php?lang=en

There is a list of surnames to the left. I've traced my own Darpel line that came from Emsburen with my great-grandmother Maria Adelaide Darpel Bens arriving in 1880.

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 11:49PM GMT
I have Bartholomew Ludwig Ign Veerkamp born in Meppen in 1826
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions