Search for content in message boards

Fahnehielm

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fahnehielm and Norlin
I am looking for any information on my great great great grandparents Valborg Fahnehielm and her husband Gustaf Norlin from Stockholm, Sweden. Thank u

Re: FAHNEHIELM, Valborg, NORLIN, Gustaf

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: FAHNEHIELM, NORLIN
Hi What time frame are you researching.

WHEN? Did your GGGGrandparens Velborg FAHNEHIELM and Gustav NORLIN
settle in Saskatchewan Canada ?

What research have you already done
Starting with current family - and working back - Death, Marriage, Birth Registrations. Census. Land Records - Obituries . etc.
Family may have submitted family history/stories to a local history book project

Cheers, Stella

Re: Fahnehielm

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 4:02AM GMT
Gustaf Norlin and Valborg Fahnehielm are my 2nd. great grandparents. Their son Niles Frederick Norlin is my great grandfather, his son Frank E. Norlin is my grandfather, his daughter Lillian M. Norlin is my mother. Check my family tree, there is much info there. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Michael Warner

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gustaf Wilhelm Norlin- Valborg Fahnehielm
Gustaf Norlin and Valborg Fahnehielm are my 2nd. great grandparents. Their son Niles Frederick Norlin is my great grandfather, his son Frank E. Norlin is my grandfather, his daughter Lillian M. Norlin is my mother.
They immigrated to the US in 1869 and first settled in Sibley Cloud, Ks.. which is north of what now is Concordia, Ks.. Gustaf died on July 21, 1911 in Topeka, Ks.. He is buried at Gypsum Hill Cemetary in Salina,Saline, Ks.. Valborg died on March 31, 1887 in Lenora, Norton Ks.. She is buried at East Cemetary in Lenora,Norton, Ks..
Gustaf's father was Christoffer Magnus Norlin. Valborg's father was Carl(Karl)Jacob Fahnehielm. Her mother was Gustava Wilhemina Svinhufvud.
Check my family tree, there is much info there. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Michael Warner

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Gustaf Wilhelm Norlin - Valborg Fahnehielm - Pasley
Gustaf Norlin and Valborg Fahnehielm are also my 4th grandparents. Gustaf and Valborg's daughter Mary Valborg Norlin (somewhere she married a Wilson and ultimately George Moody) was the mother of Minnie (Wilhemena Charlotte Wilson (married Nathaniel Isaiah Pasley) (my great grandparents). My Grandmother was one of Minnie's three daughters, Jewel Pasley. Jewel told me stories of her grandmother Mary - she lived in Topeka, KS across the street from my grandmother. In fact, the house is still there, I've driven by it. George Moody died shortly after my grandmother Jewel was born. I do have photos of Mary and George though.

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 2:08AM GMT
Mary must have been an older sister to Niles Frederick. Mary Valborg Norlin was born in Sweden April 9, 1853. I believe she did not immigrate to the US with her parents, but later sometime between 1880-1881. She had a daughter Nellie (married Raub)born May 31, 1879 in Sweden and her next daughter Minnie (my great grandmother) was born December 1882 in Kansas. I have photos of both Nellie and Minnie together.

Gustav lived with Mary and her husband George Moody until Gustav passed away in July 1911. The 1900 census indicates they lived in Topeka, KS. The 1910 census indicates they lived in Salina. My grandmother Jewel was born in 1922 - and her grandmother Mary lived across the street from her in North Topeka.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic