Search for content in message boards

Goforth

Posted: 28 Dec 2005 5:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 7:11AM GMT
Searching for info on Curtis Lee GOFORTH, married Vera Adney. OK 1900 Census.
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2006 3:18PM GMT
Ezra-
Since he was born in Mar 1896, Curtis Lee Goforth is not shown on any of the "Head of Household" census index until 1920, where he is shown as "C. L. Goforth", living next door to his father's family in Pittsburg Co OK.

What did you want to know about him?

jc
Claremore

Re: Goforth

Ezra (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 7:22PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I have just started searching this tree and do not have very much info. I am interested in finding out as much as I can. Any help would be appreciated. I am his grandson. Are you related?

Ezra
Posted: 31 Dec 2005 5:39PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 1:31AM GMT
Ezra-
At this point, I feel the best source of information for you would be the U.S. census. They were living in Newton Co MO in 1910, and in Barry County MO in 1920.

The census can be viewed on the Internet, but you need to subscribe to a "pay" site. Of the three most popular census subscription sites, the one that I use the most is Genealogy.com (http://www.genealogy.com ). They seem to have the best index and the easiest downloading of the documents. If you'll send me your e-mail addy (send to jerri@cherokee.net), I can copy and send you those pages in a PDF (Acrobat) file, but you really should look at the entire area near where they were living for other family members.

Meanwhile- if you haven't already done so, set up one of the genealogical data base programs on your computer- Family Tree Maker, Personal Ancestral File (downloads at http://www.familysearch.org/), Legacy or one of the many others and start by entering your information, then add what you find to it. ALWAYS CITE YOUR SOURCE! You may "think" that you will forever remember exactly where you got the information- and you are dead WRONG! Take it from someone who knows! <grin>

There are many other Missouri records that may help you- . I would start with "Pioneers of Six Bulls"- 40 volumes of the area around Newton County; "Missouri Pioneers" and "Missouri Miscellany'"- a combined total of 42 volumes of information; "Southwest Missouri Newspaper Extractions", and many, many more.

regards, and good luck!

Jerri C.
Claremore
Posted: 31 Dec 2005 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 12:27AM GMT
I forgot to answer your question: "are you related"--

No, I'm not related -- I'm just a former professional genealogist (35 years experience!) who happens to be part Cherokee (the "important" part of me-- my heart!), with a large library, and completely frustrated by the disability of "old age". I spend my days trying to help those who are seeking the truth about their ancestry.

Regards

jc
Posted: 1 Jan 2006 4:26PM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2006 3:18PM GMT
Ezra-
Send your e-mail address to me- jerri@cherokee.net, and I'll e-mail you a copy of this 1920 census. That would at least be a start.

jc

Re: Goforth

caldez2 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2006 6:51PM GMT
Thanks for your info. Since logging into the board, I have joined Ancestry.com so I have come across a lot of info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions