Search for content in message boards

Veley obituary look-up

Veley obituary look-up

Posted: 3 Oct 2010 9:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Veley, Klug
Is there someone that knows the Veley family of Darien, WI? I am looking for the obituary of Gordon Dale Veley, died Aug. 16, 2005. It should have been in the Delavan Enterprise or the Janesville newspaper on the 17th or 18th of Aug. I am looking for info on his sister's Evelyn Veley Stokes or Peterson and Regina Murphy. Trying to find their whereabouts or obituary if deceased. Their mother was Lillian Klug Veley. They were second cousins to my mom.

Re: Veley obituary look-up

Posted: 4 Oct 2010 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Iknow the Veley family. I happen to live about 4 blocks from Gordon's widow, Esther. We called him "Bud". I'll try and get in touch with her this week. I knew his sisters Lucille and Nancy, and his brother, Orval. I didn't know the others. Lucille was around my age and we were in Darien High School together. I have the two girls' addresses. Orval is deceased.
I just checked my school booklet of graduates and Lucille graduated in 1947, Nancy in 1951 and Bud in 1954. I graduated in 1949.
You can email me direct at
SJS@pensys.com

Re: Veley obituary look-up

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Veley,Klug
DARIEN--Gordon "Bud" Veley, 68, of 207 W. Madison, Darien, WI, died at his home on Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2005. Bud was born on Feb. 28, 1937, in Darien, WI, son of George and Lillian (Klug) Veley. Bud graduated from Darien High School in 1954. He the joined the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1957. He came home to marry his sweetheart, Esther Wilkins, on April 12, 1958, in Delavan, WI. Bud worked for many years at Borg Fabric in Delavan and then for Waukesha Cherry Burwell. He was a member of Our Redeemer Luthern Church, the Janesville Army National Guard, and was a Meals on Wheels Volunteer and a Little League Coach. He was also a friendly face at Ace Hardware where he worked part time after formal retirement.
Bud is survived by his wife, Esther: 3 sons: Michale (Diane) Veley of Janesville, Mrk (Denise) Veley of Darien, and Jeffrey Veley of Janesville; a daughter, Katherine (Joe) Veley of Crystal Lake, IL; 4 sisters; Lucille (Dar) Kucker of Delavan, Janet Anderson of Whitewater, Nancy Hirschman of Marseills, IL, and Evelyn (Herbert) Peterson of Sun City West, AZ; 5 grandchildren; and 4 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a brother, Orville; and 3 sisters.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 20,2005, at OUR REDEEMER LUTHERN CHURCH, with Rev. Robert P. Rickman officiating. Burial will follow in the Richmond Demetery. Friends may call from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday at the BETZER FUNERAL HOME, Delavan. Memorials to the ALS Foundations or the church are appreciated. BETZER FUNERAL HOME is serving the Veley family, 262-728-2500.
Jensville Gazette Wed. Aug. 17,2005 Pg.2B
per page

Find a board about a specific topic