Search for content in message boards

Newbern Family

Newbern Family

Posted: 16 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Newbern
My gf was Copeland Davis Newbern 1889-1974 son of Worth Newbern 1850-1912 and Va. Caroline Harrison 1851-1914. I have information on Newberns originating in Berne Switzerland and Newbern NC . Happy to share. Any info appreciated. Also Willis Gallop family. Sylvia Rust

Re: Newbern Family

Posted: 28 Feb 2003 1:15AM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2003 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: NEWBERN, EWELL, POLLET, WHITSON, WILSON
James E. Newbern and Mary Ellen Whitson had a son Copeland Newbern and they were in Curituck County in the Knotts Island area. Can you add anything that may tie this family to Copeland Davis Newbern. The two Copeland's were about the same age. Thanks Dale santaman@ezy.net

Descendants of James E. Newbern

1 James E. Newbern d: c 1899
.. +Mary Ellen Whitson m: c 1884 Father: James Wilson Mother: Milly ?
......... 2 Copeland Davis "Cope" Newbern b: 1 September 1883 d: June 1979
............. +Jakie Pollet m: 27 May 1906 in Fruitville, Knotts Island, Curituck Co., NC Father: Nathanel Pollet Mother: June ?
......... 2 Maranda L. Newbern
............. +Clayton Ewell m: 6 October 1888 in Fruitville, Knotts Island, Curituck Co., NC Father: Dennis Ewell Mother: Adelia ?
*2nd Wife of James E. Newbern:
.. +Sarah ? m: c 1887
......... 2 Sumler Joshua Newbern, Sr. b: 28 October 1888 d: 28 November 1980 in Cheasapeake, VA Burial: 30 November 1980 Olive Branch Cemetery
............. +Bethenia "Betty" Ewell b: c 1892 d: c 1974 Father: William Ottis "Bud" Ewell Mother: Georgie
......... 2 Grace Newbern
............. +Elton Bridges
......... 2 Rachel B. Newbern
......... 2 Nina Newbern
............. +? Adams

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 4:03AM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 4:35AM GMT
Please note my new email address

Posted: 24 Nov 2005 5:21AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2006 9:59PM GMT
Sarah Doskey Wilder Married James E. Newbern
and had the following Children. Sumler, Grace, Nita, Ellington, and Curtis. The Rachel stated in an e-mail was the daughter of Sarah and Solomon Bunting. Sarah was my grandmothe and I have the Wilder family bible and knew all of the children personally. I have dates, etc if you need more info I will try to help. I am the daughter of one of Sarah's children by Solomon.

Marylou DeVincenzi (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2006 4:28AM GMT
James E's second wife was Sarah Doskey Wilder daughter of Thomas R and Minerva Elizabeth Ricks Wilder. She married my grandfather after James's death. Her children by James was Sumler, Grace, Nitor, and Ellington. She was my grandmother and she died in 1940. Later married John C. Dough before her death.

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Newbern, Wilder, Dough, Bunting
It appears that I have not revisited this rootsweb county web site for some time. Hopefully anyone still working on this Newbern, Wilder, Bunting and Dough lines will contact me through thius site of by e-mail frostjones@comcast.net

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 10:27PM GMT
What or who specifically are you looking for on the Newbern family?

Jean

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Newbern, Wilder, Dough, Bunting, Whitson, Ewell, Spry
Currituck Co., Bertie Co., Princes Anne Co., Albarmoro o., the Cheasapeak ar Nofolk area
These are the areas where the Newberns lived in recent times. I am trying to validate birth, death, and Marriage dates and secure names of siblings and their descendants.
William Henry Newbern 1880-1955
wife Lela Virginia Spry 1887-1936
Worth Newbern 1850-1912
wife Caroline Harrison 1851-1814
James E. Newbern died about 1899
Wife Mary Ellen Whitson b.about 1854
Sumner Joshua Newbern, Sr. October 28, 1888 to 1980
wife Bethenia "Betty" Ewell 1890 to about 1974

Posted: 1 Sep 2010 3:59PM GMT
Newbern is not a direct line of mine but since it is a collateral line, I do have some information.

Walton Worth Newbern was b. 5 Apr 1850 at Powells Point, Currituck Co., NC and d. 26 Dec 1912, same location. He married Virginia Caroline "Jennie" Harrison 2 Feb 1871 in Currituck Co. She was born 26 May 1851 in Powells Point and died 14 May 1914 in same location. They are both buried in the Olds-Newbern Cemetery, Highway 158, Currituck Co., NC. This information is in the Currituck Co. Cemetery Book. I have nine children listed for them.

Walton Worth Newbern was the son of John "Jackie" & Mary Margaret "Peggy" Woodhouse both of Currituck Co. I have ten children listed for them.

If you need more information on this line, you can email be directly at jfstms - at - bellsouth.net (naturally change the at to the symbol @).

Jean

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Newbern, Scott, Payne, Harrison
I am interested in any info you have on the Newbern/Harrison line. My family descends from Samuel P. Scott, of Currituck Co (1830-1878) and includes Newbern/Harrison/Payne families as well. I also noted Copeland used as a middle name several generations back so there might be an additional connection.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic