Search for content in message boards

WILLIS/VANOVER

SMITH

Pam Powers (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any information that is pretaining to Tilden Smith. He was killed in a mine but I don't know which one. His name is on the Clinchco Coal Memorial along with his son Edward. He married Martha Kiser. They had 4-5 children. If anyone has any information you can e-mail me.

WILLIS/VANOVER

Posted: 25 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 10:29PM GMT
Looking for WILLIS COUSINS! Searching for descendants of JOHNNIE S. WILLIS, son of Amos. Expanding my family tree and want to include everybody. My grandfather was Johnnie's son Delbert who was killed at Splashdam mine in 1932 and my family know little of our Va. cousins. (my father was only three when his father was killed). Eager to hear from any relatives of the VANOVER side as well. Nancy Vanover was my g-grandmother! Thanks so much for helping us to find our "roots"! Teressa

Re: SMITH

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 10:57PM GMT
Tilden AND Edward Smith From where? And what birth yrs? I am Dawn Smith Daughter of Benjamin Edward Smith s/o Tilden Smith s/o Tilden smith Whose mother Was Sallie Supposedly full blooded Cherokee these Smiths lived in Beckley West Virginia?cotact me back maybe we can help eachother...lol

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Check out this link I found during my Smith research - I don't know yet if I am any relation to this person, but the link/info may help you.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Sorry, I forgot to copy the link in here for you. It is http://genforum.genealogy.com/smith/messages/43814.html

Re: WILLIS/VANOVER

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Willis
I know this post is quite old but thought I would add some info just in case anyone is still searching for descendants of Johnny S. Willis....I'm a cousin, as Johnny is my gr-grandfather. My grandfather, Walter G. Puckett is Johnny's son with Sabra Puckett. Johnny and Sabra never married, but my grandfather did visit Johnny's family a few times when he was young so I'm sure the Willis family knew who he was...and a couple of the Willis brothers are listed in his obituary as half-brothers... Any questions, please contact me.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 6:47PM GMT
I would like to include Walter Puckett's info to my tree. Thank-you for responding to an older post. My tree is the Mullins/Willis Tree on Ancestry. It is a public tree and you can view what I have. There may be somebody else you have info about. I live in Paducah Kentucky and my parents live in MUncie, Indiana so we aren't close to that area although I have visited many times.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Willis/Puckett
Hi...thanks for your response! I live in Michigan but I was just in Dickenson Co., Va. this past August. We go every year for a family reunion. Walter Gray Puckett was b. February 2, 1884 in Dickenson Co., on Big Ridge I believe. His mother, Sabra b. abt. 1867, was the daughter of David and Mary Jane Gibson Puckett. He married Nancy Belle Branham b. 1889 in Praise or Ash Camp, Pike Co., Ky, daughter of William James Branham and Rhoda Jane Mullins. Walter and Belle had 13 children, one of whom is still living. Walter died May 5, 1961 at Dog branch Gap, Dickenson Co., Va. I'll check out your ancestry tree...there's a chance we do have more connections. Thanks again for responding....Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions