Search for content in message boards

Beauvois family in Henrichemont

Beauvois family in Henrichemont

Posted: 3 Nov 2011 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Beauvois
My great grandfather Prudent Eugene Beauvois b 1873 was from HENRICHEMONT. I have his old army reserve book which luckily gives his parents names Louis & Francoise Foucher.Would love some help to discover more about my French family.

Re: Beauvois family in Henrichemont

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 5:30PM GMT
Henrichemont is in the Departement of Cher (18) which unfortunately has not yet put their records on line. But I found all this on geneanet.org :
Jean BEAUVOIS m Solange JOANIN
their son Francois BEAUVOIS d 1.Apr.1857 la Chapelotte, Cher
m Veronique TURPIN d c 1857
their children: Patient, Louis b 1833, Marie Louise b 1836
Louis BEAUVOIS b 6 Sept 1833 in Villegenon Cher 18
Married 27 Nov 1865, Henrichemont
to Françoise Félicité FOUCHER b 12.Jul.1835 Henrichemont
their children:
Louis Constant BEAUVOIS 1869
François Eugène BEAUVOIS 1871-1871
but no mention of Prudent Eugene!

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 4:06PM GMT
Thanks for your info Jambomama,

His parents are for sure Louis & Felicite cos they're named in his old army reserve papers. I'll have to keep digging and be patient! It's great to have Louis' parents names as well- I must have a look at this geneanet web site.
It's strange isn't it how I find extra info but end up more puzzled as to why Prudent Eugene isn't in the records!!!
Thanks again
andree

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 2:49PM GMT
Hello again!
Jambomama I went onto the geneanet site and got really lost!
I couldn't find any of the info you gave me - I must be doing something wrong! If you could give me some tips on negotiating the site I'd be really grateful.
Regards
andree

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 3:14PM GMT
Did you register on the site? It's free. I found two different people researching your family.
Enter the name and place : BEAUVOIS Henrichemont. You should get 3 results for Online Family Trees.

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 4:52PM GMT
Thanks jambomama,
I had registered but just a bit useless on the computer!
Found the family trees and have sent an email with an enquiry to one of the trees. Still couldn't see all the info you gave me but I'll get a helpful reply to my mail - in my best French!
Andree

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 4:39PM GMT
Hello Jambomama,

Just wanted to tell you that the lady I contacted through geneanet was really helpful. She gave me a site http://registres18.free.fr that has transcriptions of all the BMD in the department 18 in France. I've been busy all afternoon and had a field day! Loads of info on the Beauvois family manaaged to go back to 1792!! I'm thrilled and want to thank you for your advice- couldn't have done it without you.
Regards
andree
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions