Search for content in message boards

No Connection to Internet

No Connection to Internet

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having the same problem with my edition. It happened last night after i downloaded. First it would not register, i entered the registration key and the not connected came up on with the option to retry or close and register later. When i tried retry it did absolutely nothing. So I had to close and register later. I tried all of the ways to fix and can't get on through family tree make 2. Now when i update apparently the serial number didn't not get saved. The web site reset and I didn't get an email.

Re: No Connection to Internet

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:03PM GMT
You need to sign-on to your Ancestry account in order for the program to go "on-line".

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:13PM GMT
I just had to go to the Family Tree Maker 2 in the menu bar and select Check for updates. There are apparently two updates one for the no connection and one for the response invalid serial number.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2013 8:20PM GMT
Family Tree Maker 2 21.2.5 is currently the newest version available.

There hasn't been a new update for months.

Was your original FTMM2 downloaded or CD version? What country are your in? Some UK users who downloaded the program have had to contact Ancestry and have a patch emailed.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:24PM GMT
Downloaded

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:25PM GMT
United States

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 8:30PM GMT
Just had to restart the program and it did not ask for the serial number again. Then do the updates.works fine now. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions