Search for content in message boards

In search of info regarding Burdean McCullough, Racine WI

In search of info regarding Burdean McCullough, Racine WI

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2012 9:29PM GMT
Hi i am searching for some info regarding a cousin.
His name was Burdean McCullough b 23 Dec 1900 d 25 Dec 1987.
He was placed in a childrens home along with one of his Brothers Adelbert McCullough around 1910. They lived in the Racine area of Wisconsin.
Between 1945 and 1950 he married a lady named Gladys G.
Would anyone be so kind to find a marriage for Burdean and Gladys for me? I have searched but nothing is coming up at all.
I dont seem to be able to find anything regarding his brother Adelbert either. apart from his Military registration.
Kind regards Janette ( United Kingdom)

Re: In search of info regarding Burdean McCullough, Racine WI

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 1:33AM GMT
Hi Janette-

Burdean married Gladys Gribbohm on 27 Dec 1942, here in Racine.

Including Burdean & Adalbert, there was a total of 7 siblings in the family.

Did you have any additional questions about this McCullough family and their connected families? I can do some look-ups if needed.

By the way, how do you connect to Burdean?

SISU!
John

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 9:21AM GMT
John . Thank you so much for the info. Burdean and his siblings were cousins. Their grandmother, was sister to my 3x great grandfather. She emmigrated to the US with her other siblings and my 3x great grandfather, settled in England, after his time in the Army

I have pieced together most of the family, however Adelbert and Russell, pose a problem. Cant find deaths for these 2 or spouses.
There is a Delbert on various census along with his family, but i m not sure if its the right one i'm searching for.
It states Delbert's father was born Illinois, however, we do know from family documents he was born Racine. So im not sure if its the same family.
Anything at all you can find on the McCullough's of Racine would be most appreciated. I still have gaps to fill in on this side of the family.
Once again, thank you so much

Janette

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 12:07PM GMT
Janette-

It's taken some time but I think I've found plenty of information to help you fill in your gaps. Plus I can probably answer any additional questions now that I've researched this family in depth.

I've located many newspaper articles and other sources but I can't post it here. Could you send me a note to my personal e-mail so I can reply to you via your e-mail? Put the name McCullough in the Subject line and send it to circlescape@gmail.com

I tried researching the McCullough childrens grandmothers and it seems the one you're referring to must be Annie Johnson McCullough that was born in Ireland. Is that correct?

I look forward to sharing more info with you.
SISU!
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions