Search for content in message boards

Hegners from Saxony immig. to Granville by early 1850's

Hegners from Saxony immig. to Granville by early 1850's

Crystle Brockman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hegner, Tesch
I am looking for any information about this Hegner family from the 1860 Granville census: Eva C. Hegner widowed age 53 born in Saxony; dau. Christiana age 30 born in Saxony, son John age 21 born in Saxony; dau. Mary age 16 born in Saxony; dau. Agnes or Agade? age 10 born in Saxony. I believe that son John is my g,g,grandfather who came to WI when he was 14 yrs old and farmed in Milwaukee co. until he moved to the Outagamie co. area by 1880. My grandfather was told that John's father immigrated here with 2 brothers, but that his was the only family to stay in WI. If any of this sounds familiar to you, please reply or email me directly at bulblvr@aol.com. Thank you.
Crystle

Re: Hegners from Saxony immig. to Granville by early 1850's

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hegner Gmeiner Kroha Krueger Siebenhuener Poehlmann Kolster Langen Limberger Koehler Lembert Wegner
I've indexed Hegner names that are found in this posting: multiple death notices for Eva Henger (d. 76 yrs.), several different Johann, John, John C. Hegner entries; the name Christiane Hegner pops up in early probate notices; just a bunch of different stuff. There are 85-90 Hegner entries or references in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). Other surnames referenced with Hegner include: Gmeiner Kroha Krueger Siebenhuener Poehlmann Kolster Langen Limberger Koehler Lembert Wegner.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic