Search for content in message boards

Trying to Locate Info on Arin Segerg & Family, Sweden

Trying to Locate Info on Arin Segerg & Family, Sweden

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 9:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SEBERG, OGLESBY, JOHNS, DAUZY
I do not have a World Membership as I can't afford it on my limited income, and need some help. I have an Arin Seberg, whom was born in Sweden in 1877, immigrated in 1898 and settled in Racine Wisconsin, Racine County. Is listed in the 1930 U.S Federal Census, dated 10 April 1930 of living in Racine Wisconsin and being a Machinist in a factory. he is living with his SECOND wife, Martha, whom is 21 yrs old. She and Arin married when she was just 15.

Arin has a son by his FIRST wife,whom is Harold Seberg.
Son and his wife, Louise [ Bethge ] and a son of their own, also name Harold born in 1924.

What I am looking for is this: is there any way of finding Arin's FIRST wife, and where she died. I can NOT find a death date or place on where Arin died, and I have been looking in records all over the place, and nothing... Also there is nothing more Harold, son of Arin. I have death date of son. Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.
Donna

Re: Trying to Locate Info on Arin Segerg & Family, Sweden

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:09PM GMT
A possible in the 1920 US Census:

Racine, Wisconsin

Seeburg, (first name indexed as Grant, but hard to read - might be Gust), aged 53, widowed, born Sweden, parents b. same, machinist
Seeburg, Harry, son, aged 21, born Wisconsin, parents b. Sweden

In the 1910 census:

Seberg, Gustave A., aged 42, married once, 14 years, born Sweden, parents b. same, immigrated 1892, engineer, shirt factory
Seberg, Hilda S., aged 39, married once, 14 years, 1 child born/living, born Wisconsin, parents b. Norway
Seberg, Harold M., aged 11, born Wisconsin

Harold and his son, Harold Jr., aged living with Aron (sic) and Martha in the 1940 census, still in Racine.

This might be Arin's first marriage:

groom's name: Gustaf Saberg
groom's birth date:
groom's birthplace:
groom's age:
bride's name: Hilda Jacobson
bride's birth date:
bride's birthplace:
bride's age:
marriage date: 07 May 1896
marriage place: Kenosha, Wisconsin
groom's father's name: John Saberg
groom's mother's name: Christine Holmquist
bride's father's name: Tobias Jacobson
bride's mother's name: Emily Peterson

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:14PM GMT
Most of this info is available for free at familysearch.org:

first name: Harold
middle name:
last name: Seberg
name suffix:
birth date: 4 October 1898
social security number: 391-01-0285
place of issuance: Wisconsin
last residence: Racine, Racine, Wisconsin
zip code of last residence: 53405
death date: July 1971
estimated age at death: 73

first name: Harold
middle name: A
last name: Seberg
name suffix:
birth date: 6 March 1924
social security number: 399-12-2631
place of issuance: Wisconsin
last residence: Sturtevant, Racine, Wisconsin
zip code of last residence: 53177
death date: 13 February 2003
estimated age at death: 79

Harold Sr. names his father as Aron in his WWI Draft Registration Card. Harold's full name is Harold Myron Seberg.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 6:54AM GMT
Thank you BUT I HAD all this info. I have been looking for info on whom Arin's Parents were, and where Arin Died. Was also looking for more info on Harold sr. NOT JR> I Have info that I found on Jr. but again thank you for your time.
Donna

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 1:08PM GMT
Donna-

Hilda Seberg and her parents are all buried in North Cape Lutheran Cemetery and you can see their memorials on Find A Grave by following these links;
Hilda Seberg http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=51...
TobiasJacobsen http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=ja...;
Emely Jacobson http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=61...

Hilda's surname was entered incorrectly and I have already sent a correction request to the creator of her memorial.

I am attaching obits for Aron, his first wife Hilda and also for Hilda's mother Emely. According to his obit, Aron is buried at Graceland Cemetery in Racine.

I wasn't able to locate Harold Myron's obit but you can contact the Racine Public Library and request one. His actual date of death is July 7, 1971 in Racine, so if an obit exists, the library will be able to copy and send it to you.

I'm also attaching a few other newspaper clippings for you.

So, given Eileen's gracious help and my additions, you should now have ALL that you requested, along with some extras, except for Harold's obit which I have given you guidance to locate.

SISU!
John
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 1:13PM GMT
Eileen GAVE YOU Aron's parent's names in her first reply even though you never asked about Aron's parents in your original request. Look at BOTH of her replies.

SISU!

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 2:07PM GMT
Ok, will do...just tired right now, been up most of yesterday and all last night with this and still up... think I just need some sleep.. this is just driving me nuts..
Donna

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 2:15PM GMT
I can not thank you both enough for the help you have shown me in getting this info to complete the family line on this. I appreciate your time and effort in getting this all for me. funny that a simple Thank you doesn't seem enough, but again Thank you for your help,
Donna
I have other members in the racine area, that I am struggling with and as soon as I get some sleep, and rest my legs a bit, will be sure to let you know... maybe you can help me there as well. God bless you both and have a blessed day..

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 6:32PM GMT
I'm very happy that I was able to help you.

SISU!
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic