Search for content in message boards

Lyle Family

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 10:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2004 6:57PM GMT
I have info on a John Lyle born in Ireland in 1728 died 11-15-1815. He married Elizabeth Wayne who was the daughter of Francis and Elizabeth Jackson Wayne. Elizabeth Wayne wf of John Lyle was born 6-18-1738 and died 1-18-1791. They owned a farm three miles from Norristown, Montgomery County, Pa. I have a list of their children, e-mail directly to billndodie@msn.com

Re: Lyle Family

Posted: 14 May 2003 1:00AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2003 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Lyle Wayne
I am looking for info on John Lyle. I have most of his decendants but hit a dead end when I tried to find where he was born in Ireland and when he came to Pennsylvania. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Posted: 20 May 2003 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2004 12:29AM GMT
I have the will for John Lyle from Upper Merion, Montgomery, Pennsylvania. He married Elizabeth Wayne. If this info matches, maybe you should write Montgomery County, Pennsylvania for some info. If you need more infro on this family, let me know and I would be happy to share. I am researching the Woods family who married into the Lyle family.

Posted: 21 May 2003 1:07AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2003 3:56AM GMT
Thank you for the reply! I am looking for anything on John Lyle. I know he was born in 1728 in Ireland, but I don't know which county. I would also like to find out if he had any siblings. I seem to have hit a dead end.

I have very little info on the Woods side, but I will pass on anything I find to you. Let me know what info you are looking for.
Thanks again!!
Mariea

Posted: 21 May 2003 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2004 12:29AM GMT
Send me a personal message to billndodie@msn.com and I will foward the John Lyle page that I have.

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Lyle
Did any of your downlines of this John Lyle end up in Peoria ILL? I am trying to trace a lyle line back to PA and I am not sure where in PA. Francis and Frank and William seem to be frequent names with the middle initial H. and the middle name Highland. They would have migrated from PA to ILL sometime between 1858 and 1885 but I believe prior to 1880.

Ness white (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2006 10:41PM GMT
Would you know anything about the Lyle familes that lived in Illinois? I am researching my dad's family names but I don't have much. I do have 2 marriages: Lyle/neil 1907 and lyle/miller 1871. anything would be appreciated. my Grandma white (Maiden Lyle) mentioned that her family came from A-loraine. she may have taught french but I don't see evidence that the lyles were. I think they were from Ireland or scotland or even England. I found a John Lyle, a naturalized american, given 400 acres in 1791 for cultivating the land for the government before that date. I hope anyone can help. Thanks from California.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic