Search for content in message boards

fleming of new york

fleming of new york

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
hello. my grandfather was william james fleming of new york. he had three kids. one, my mother catherine(named after grandma) fleming,william james fleming jr,patricia fleming all of new york. i am looking for any info on these flemings, my family. i know that grandpas people all came from the boats over here from irland. thanks for any help in knowing more about my line:) look forward to hearing from you.

Re: fleming of new york

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Fleming, Thomas
where in ny?
my gg grandfather Cornelius Fleming wf Mary
their children: John, Kate, Hannah, William, James, Edward, Thomas & Mary.
Thomas is my g-grandfather, he was born at sea on their way over in 1849 (2 days out). They Cornelius, Mary & kids-landed in NY, settled in Troy (Rensselaer), moved to Little Falls-(some are buried in St Mary's). GG grandparents worked the canal, some of the next generation stayed in Little Falls, some moved towards Rome.
Thomas married Margaret (maiden n Thomas) Fleming, they had the following kids: Mary Margaret(Mame), Lou Agnes, George Sylvester (Ted), Katherine (Kate), William (my grandfather), Honora Anna, John, Edward Thomas, Ellen Elizabeth (Bessie), Mable, Mildred Rose Taylor.
They had cousins in NYC/N Jersey area.
Anything name/place connect?

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 11:52AM GMT
Stacy, What part of NY are you looking for? I have a number of Fleming relatives in the NYC Hell's Kitchen area (W30-W40s) in the 1850-1900 period that I am researching if that helps.

Posted: 4 Jul 2010 9:11PM GMT
hello. i dont think theres a conection,beings, i dont see a certian name. i thank you for your interest.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions