Search for content in message boards

Gallimore/Gallemore

Gallimore/Gallemore

Linda (Gallimore) Amrein (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gallimore, Gallemore
Family lore indicates that my gggg grandfather John Gallimore (bc 1755) was a mineralogist from the mines of Cornwall who came to Rowan Co., North Carolina before 1790 to mine silver. Two other Gallimore men who were also born in the 1750s, James and William, lived near him around the waters of Lick Creek and the Yadkin River, which suggests they were related. Are there still Gallimores in Cornwall and if so does John, James, or William fit into your family tree?

Re: Gallimore/Gallemore

Mark Blackmon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 11:35PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2004 8:17AM GMT
Surnames: Gallimore, Harris
John Gallimore, unknown, James Sr. Gallimore 1734-?, James Jr. 1765-1830 Randolph County, NC, Jesse Gallimore Born 1795-1800 Death 1/20/1872 Rowan County NC, Married Mary Harris 1823 Randolph NC, Levi Gallimore ?-1848, Daniel Travis Gallimore1848-1925 If this is the same line of Gallimores I have more Information. to share

Posted: 19 May 2002 3:27AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: gallimore,mcpeak,goad,page,rankin
do you have a laura emmazetta gallimore,b. ab.1890.va? thankyou fay

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: gallimore-mcpeak-goad-page- rankins
thank you for your reply. but i don,t know if the people you mentioned are related . all i no about laura e. gallimore is b.ab.1889 in carrol or floyd co .va.d. 1946 she married charles w. mcpeak in 1904 lived in pulaski co va. in 1925 she married robert lee harrison.after the death of charles.she had nine children by charles and about five children by robert.she is in the mcpeak cemetary in shilo.that it . i have hit that famos brick wall . sure could use some help. email-gorzetlur1@aol.com thank you audrey f.

Justin Statham (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2003 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2003 9:06AM GMT
Surnames: Gallimore
I am stuck on my Gallimore line. Here is what I do know. I remember my Grandfather's sister saying that Gallimore was spelled differently back in previous generations. Here is as far back as I can go. William Alex Gallimore born 1879-d 1960. His dad was I think a John Gallimore. Thats what was written in a family bible. I beleive we are related somehow I hope you have the missing piece to my puzzle. I know they lived in GA in Haralson and Polk county near Cedartown. I hope you have a connection because my Grandfather is getting old and I want to Trace his line before he dies. Any information you can supply would be greatly appericated. I think John's dad is James or a Janes Gallimore but cannot make the connection for sure.

Susan White (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2004 10:32PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2004 8:22AM GMT
Surnames: Gallimore,
I have a Laura Gallimore I picked up on this census; 1880 Floyd VA Census Indian Valley, household head Samuel Galimore, she is age 1, b VA, granddaughter to Samuel Galimore. I have several Samuel Gallimores in my data bank and was not sure which Samuel was her grandfather. Is this your Laura?

Posted: 9 Sep 2004 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2004 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: Galimore,
Susan, I don,t no , laura emmazetta elizabeth galimore b. ab.1889.mayby in pulaski co,??? Her parents were supose to be charlie and alice wickline, galimore. I don,t no if these are there legel names. this family sure has me stumped. thank you, Audrey

Susan White (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2004 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Gallimore, Moore, Whittington
Sorry to be of no help. Just for your information I had two Charles Gallimores in my file. A Charles E. Gallimore who married Fannie Mae Whittington in 1921 his parents are William M. Gallimore & Surilda Moore. Also a Charlie Winston Gallimore b 1871 to Stanley Gallimore & Nancy McGraw or Shalb. Not quite sure what her last name was. These Gallimores are in the Carroll VA area. Since you are looking for a Charlie in Virginia, thought these two might help you eliminate possibles.Good Luck!

Posted: 2 Nov 2004 3:42PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2004 9:04AM GMT
Surnames: Gallimore, Gallemore,
Fay, I have tried e-mailing you, but I think that you think that it is Dave. I live with him and use his computer, but that is it. He does not use my e-mail nor do I use his. My e-mail is davesytta@myway.com. His is jodysytta. It says that I am his and he is mine yesterday,today,& tomorrow. know that probably think that that is corny, but it is how we feel about one another. Well the reason that I am sending this is because I would love very much to be in contact with you, if it is okay with you. I have some copies of census stuff that Debbie Harrison/Bishop sent to me. It has Emmazetta listed as Rozetta. Is it possible that her name is Rozetta? Or is it that they just wrote it that way? I miss hearing from you. Love from your cousin, Jody!!!

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2005 10:06AM GMT
Surnames: Gallemore, Sanders,
I have a William Gallemore b.1750 in NC? who married a Mary Sanders b.1760 in NC? They had a son, William Alfred Gallemore b. 1784 in Rowan County. Might they be related to your Gallemores? I read another post that possibly tied them to Gallemores out of Cornwall.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions