Search for content in message boards

family geneology

family geneology

betty joseph welch (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2003 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: brown,joseph, engle or ingle, and bailey
looking for family info on brown, joseph, bailey and engle families from magoffin then to leslie co ky.my ggrandparents on my dads side are the joseph and brown william joseph was killed in a feud along with my aunt his daughter-in-law ema clark joseph in 1931 my uncle ema husband warnie joseph was killed the next year 1932 in what i can find out as the leslie co.feudin wootens creek and bailey branch. my bailey and engle are green b. bailey and martha engle bailey.

Re: family geneology

Posted: 8 Jun 2003 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello, Betty,

I think I have found your JOSEPH family on the 1920 Leslie Co. Fed. Census for 1920 based on what you told me privately. Don't see them in 1910 so I assume they still were in Magoffin Co. I will give you that posting but would HIGHLY suggest you return to the Leslie co. Message Board and make a posting there also.

1920 Leslie co. Fed. Census
Dwelling 162-68 - Wooton, ED162
JOSEPH, William M., 51, husband, b. KY; parents b. VA
. .Delila, 44, wife, b. KY; parents b. KY (Delila BROWN)
. .Samuel, 17, b. KY, son
. .Warnie, son, 13, b. KY
. .Juda, 11, dau, b. KY
. .Henry, son, 7, b. KY
. .Earnest, 5, son, b. KY
. .Edna, dau, 2 yrs 11 mo's, b. KY

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA

Re: family geneology

Posted: 8 Jun 2003 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2006 11:08PM GMT
Hello, again,

I visited the "free" site for LDS at: http://www.familysearch.com where one can search the US 1880 Fed. Census and found this for you.

1880 Trace Fork, Magoffin Co., KY
JOSEPH, William, 60, b. KY; parents b. KY
. .Eliza, wife, 56, b. KY, parents b. VA
. .Charley, son, 16, works on farm, b. KY
BROWN, Ursley, female, dau.,38, "lives with mother", b. KY; father b. KY
. .Preston, 15, works on farm, son, KY
. .Rose Ella, 13, dau, KY
. .Louisa, 11, dau, KY
. .Samuel, 9, son, KY
. .George, 6, son, KY
. .Delila, 4, dau, KY * *
. .Minnie, 1, dau, KY

I am not familiar with this family so cannot tell you exactly what all this means. It would appear that Ursley BROWN perhaps was a JOSEPH who married a BROWN since her marital status is indicated as married. Something perhaps happened to her husband and she was left with all these children who are BROWNS. Among them would be Delila BROWN (and if it is the same one) then it is she who married a later William M. JOSEPH. The other children are her siblings. Had the census enumerator listed these children properly and if my analysis is correct, they would actually have been grandchildren of the head of the household, William JOSEPH, not sons and dau.'s as listed. I think it is more likely they are the children of Ursley JOSEPH BROWN.

Joyce Taylor Collins
La Palma, CA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic