Search for content in message boards

Researching: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush

Researching: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush

Posted: 22 Aug 2001 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2001 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush
Frederic Lendt came to America from Germany, between 1872-1874. He came with, at least, his wife and son Ernest O. Lendt. Ernest (1866 Ger.-1936 IA), my GGGrandpa, was 7 years of age at the time. There may have been other children & relatives with them. According to census results, they migrated from Germany, to NY, to MN, to IA.
Edith Estella Vosburgh-Lendt (1870-1957), my GGGrandma, was born in NY, & died in IA. Her parents were Nellie Bush & Richard Vosburgh, both were German, both were born in NY. Edith had at least 2 brothers, Clinton & Howard Vosburgh.
Any info. and/or tips for further research are welcomed & greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Darci

Re: Researching: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Lendt Vosburgh
Hi Darci.

I just saw your posting regarding the Vosburgh's/Lendt's this morning. Looks like we are cousins several times removed.

Florence Lendt was my gread-grandmother. Her parents were Ernest O.Lendt and Edith Vosburgh.

Florence married David Arthur Thompson in June, 1910 and they had four boys - Ralph, Howard, Harold and Thomas. Ralph is my grandfather,who died in 1981. Howard and Thomas are still living and in their early 90's.

Sometime between 1916 and 1923, Florence and David divorced. She remarried a man named Thomas Foley who subsequently adopted all four boys. I guess he was quite a guy so all of the boys kept the Foley name until his death - and then went back to the Thompson surname.

I have copies of some articles (they're not high quality copies) that may be of interest to you. They include Edith and Ernest Lendt's obituaries from the newspaper, Richard Vosburgh's obituary, and Ernest O. Lendt's court papers requesting citizenship. I do have some additional notes regarding Richard Vosburgh, which may or may not be of interest to you.

Do you know of any sites that might have additional info?

Terry Thompson

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 6:55PM GMT
hi - I'm the grandaughter of Hazel Lendt and have been putting together a family tree. I would love to have the information you have on Aunt Florence. I have also found some very old pictures that I have started posting to the family tree if you are interested. You may know some of the people that I can't quite identify as the pictures weren't marked with names. I'm going off recollections.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush
Awesome! We too are obviously cousins! I won't have access to my regular PC until tomorrow but do have some photos of great grandma Florence and her husband DavidnThompson from around 1916 when he was in the Army. I would love to see the photos. Some may be of her four boys and other relatives. If I don't recognize them , my mother might. Where are they posted? I will be back to you as soon as I can!
Thanks, Terry

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:31PM GMT
I've started posting to "Riso" family tree, user "rcrqh". I posted a more recent picture - probably from the 70's-80's of Aunt Florence and her 4 boys, and then some of her and her sisters, mother. I also have several pictures from different family reunions, but no names to go along with them.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 2:21AM GMT
Terry, I'm the grandaughter of Hazel and remember Aunt Florence fondly. I would love to have the information if you still have it as I have started working on this. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions