Search for content in message boards

Nelthropp

Nelthropp

Liza Ramirez (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelthropp
Hi my name is Liza Nelthropp (Ramirez)
I am related to Kim Finger she is my cousin.
Any information about family would be appreciated.

Nelthropp

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
The family runs the local distillery, raise cattle, build houses and run a bed and breakfast. Call your cousins Cedric 340-773-1839 or Donald 340-773-0156

Nelthropp

Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT

I just spoke with Donald "Hardy" Nelthropp who said that he knew your branch well hat they left St Croix for Puerto Rico in the 1940s. The Cattle herd described further down this page was founded by your ancestors and bought out by his. Bromley was the founder he had several children one of whom Louis went to Puerto Rico with his children which included Ray. There was another son who moved to St Thomas and some are still there. This is an interesting example of chain migration. The von Bithorns moved first in the last century remaining in touch with the family then Louis who was followed by his cousin Hardys brother ___ who went in the late 1950s and lived at Aguadilla for many years before moving back.

Nelthropp

Liza Nelthropp (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
How are Donald and cedric related to Bromley?

Nelthropp

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT

Their father Albert Nelthropp who worked at Cruzan Rum and then bought it was rancher Bromley Nelthropps brother.
Their branch now owns the cattle operation and some members still work for the distillery which now belongs to Todhunter.

nelthropp-vallas

Liza Maria Nelthropp-Ramirez (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: nelthropp, vallas
I am intrested in any information on Nelthropp or Vallas from St. Croix. My grandfather is Raymond and his wife Florence Vallas lived in St. Croix. His father's name is Louis. If anyone would like to get in touch and talk about anything related to our family please email or call.

knooker@hotmail.com
or 972-487-1925

Re: Nelthropp

Albert V.F. Nelthropp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2004 4:10AM GMT
Bromley Nelthropp was the brother of my grandfather Albert Victor Nelthropp. Albert V. Nelthropp had seven children, Albert Meyer, Helen, Cedric, Willing(my father), Alice Beatrice, Henry, Douglas Bromley, and Donald. Therefore Bromley was Donald and Cedric's uncle.
Bromley and Albert were two of thirteen children. Their father was Henry Christian Nelthropp, planter, proprietor of Estate Canegarden. Henry Christian's wife was Maria Angelique Bithorn of German ancestry. Henry Christian was born in Denmark.

Re: Nelthropp / MEYER

Cécile ESTEVE (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2004 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: MEYER CONNER
Hello Albert,
I live in France and I'm searching my ancestrors trought Caribean island. I'm interested with MEYER family.
I've got several photographies from Ste Croix where lived Albert MEYER, his wife Beatrice and their 6 childrens ... Bearice is the grandchild of Helene CONNER sister of Sarah Louisa CONNER (1869 - 1940) ... there is no date on phtographies but I think they could have been taken between 1890 and 1920 ....
Do you have in your branch Albert MEYER we have a wife caled Beatrice (unfortunatelly I do not have is family name) ?
Thank you very much for your help

Re: Nelthropp/Meyer

Karl W. Frederiksen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2004 6:08AM GMT
Hi:

I am interested in the Nelthropp/Meyer connection. I note that Meyer is listed as the middle name of Albert Nelthropp in your posting.

I am told that my grandmother, Vivienne Eagan BROWN Frederiksen aka "Miss Vivy", always said we were related to the Nelthropps, but never said how.

Miss Vivy's great-grandmother was Elizabeth MEYER b. ca. 1787. Elizabeth was a slave owned by John and Jane MEYER and was given (not sold) her freedom in 1804; she was also apparently related by blood to the MEYERs. Several of her known children were given family names of the MEYERs and Jane MEYER was listed as sponsor (godmother) to all of Elizabeth's children for whom baptism records were found.

We are also related to the WESCOTTS (Rachel aka 'Rachie' and Mary) who also have a connection to the MEYERs.

My lineage from Elizabeth MEYER is as follows:

Elizabeth MEYER
I b. ca. 1787
I d. after 1870
Abraham Christian MEYER [CHITTENDON]
I b. ca. 1815
I d. 1881
Mary MEYER Brown
I b. 12JAN1852
I d. 08DEC1906
Vivienne Eagan BROWN Frederiksen
I b. 22FEB1879
I d. 05OCT1955
Alfred Andrew FREDERIKSEN
I Still living
I
Karl Waldemar FREDERIKSEN

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Looking to get in touch with Kevin Nelthropp again:

Posted: 31 Aug 2005 8:26AM GMT
Surnames: Kevin Nelthropp
I have a friend over there in the St.Croix Virgin Islands with the same name Nelthropp and spelled the same way.I am, looking to get in touch with him if I can.His name is Kevin Nelthropp.About 14 or 15 years ago,he lived here in the United States,and in Florida.Was just trying to to get back in touch with him,as we were very good friends at the time.

So if you or any other Nelthropp's who are reading this message,and you know Kevin,and how to get in touch with him,please feel free by letting me know by email,and thank you ahead of time in advance.

He would be around 47 or 48 years old today.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions