Search for content in message boards

Rexburg Cemetery records.

Rexburg Cemetery records.

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Any one know where I can get records of Rexburg Cemetery?? I believe I have family buried there but have not been able to find out for sure. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Rexburg Cemetery records.

Posted: 18 May 2007 8:42PM GMT
Hi,
I'm a student here at BYUI and I have access to the Flamm Funeral Home records from 1902 to 1943. This funeral home was located here in Rexburg and they took care of most people. If your people died during this time period, I would be glad to look these records up for you. I have never been to the cemetery but if you give me a while- midterms are next week, I'll see what I can do for you.

Posted: 26 May 2007 7:14PM GMT
Thank you for your help. I have a few names that match your dates so here they are. I have listed the womens maiden name first then the married name and all of them should have death dates.
Ethel Anona Virgin/Westover Died 26 apr 1928
David Osborn Died 4 feb 1917
Nancy Thorn/Osborn Died 6 apr 1918
Cynthia Osborn/Bird Died 19 jun 1940
Andrew James Bird Died 26 jan 1932

All of these relatives were buried in the Rexburg Cemetery. Thank you so much for your help! It is much appreciated. Jessie

Posted: 31 May 2007 3:05PM GMT
I will be able to get them for you next week.
Diana

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 2:24AM GMT
Hi, here is what I found in the Flamm Funeral Home Records. The handwritting is terrible so I did the best I could. Only 3 of the names were listed.

David Osborn-
b. 19 April 1879 in possibly Missouri
d. 4 February 1917 in Rexburg
Father: David Osborn b. Virginia
Mother: Cynthis Butler b. Ohio
Cause of death: Fatty heart
Buried in the Rexburg cemetery

Nancy Thorn Osborn-
b. 24 October 1841
d. 6 April 1918 in Rexburg- funeral held on the 8th.
Age 76 years 5 months 13 days
Father: Ashal Thorn b. America
Mother: Sarah Lester b. America
Cause of death: Dypostata Congestion

Andrew James Bird-
b. 13 February 1856
d. 23 January 1932 @ Rexburg hospital **note difference of date that you gave me**
funeral on 26 January 1932
Age 75 years 11 months 10 days
Father: Wm Bird b. New York
Mother: Anne Royalance b. New York
Spouse: Synthia Abbie Bird
Cause of death: Chronic Myocarditis

In the State of Idaho Death Index I found:

Ethel Anona Westover
d. 26 April 1928 in Rexburg
b. 8/10/1906

Cynthia Abigail Osborn
d. 19 June 1940
b. 1/06/1861

I hope this will help you out. If you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, I can visit the Rexburg cemetery for you. I have 3 big papers due this month then I should be able to take a break and wander around the cemetery for you.

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rigby/Osborn
Hello, I am looking for funeral records on a Ula Osborn Rigby in the Rexburg, Idaho vacinity. She died between September 3 or 20, 1903. If you can help me find any information on her, I would be very grateful. my email is twarner@cableone.net

David Osborn, III and Family

Posted: 1 Oct 2011 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: osborn
Birth: Apr. 19, 1838
Caldwell County
Missouri, USA
Death: Feb. 4, 1917
Rexburg
Madison County
Idaho, USA

David Osborn was the son of David Osborn II and Cynthia Butler. He married Nancy Thorn on the 25th of December 1857 at Three Mile Creek, Utah. He married Elizabeth Standley Osborn, the widow of his older brother around 1862. They were only married a short time before she divorced him. He and Elizabeth had one child, a son named Leonard Charles Osborn.

Bio. of David Osborn-6577
Progressive Men of Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Fremont, and Oneida
Counties, Idaho, Chicago, A.W. Bowen and Co., 1904. Page 335. (transcript)

"David Osborn, Jr., the popular landlord and useful citizen of Rexburg, Idaho, as a lad suffered all the sad effects of the unjust persecutions with his father's family, who were rendered poor and driven from place to place by religious bigotry, under the capable instruction of his father, however, receiving much more education than fell to the lot of most of the children of his association.

He drove a team of three yokes of oxen and one yoke of cows all the way along the emigrants' trail to Utah, walking all the distance.

In Utah he remained with his father until December 25, 1857, when occurred his marriage with Miss Nancy Thorn, a daughter of Ashal and Sarah (Lester) Thorn. She was born in Crawford county, Pa., on October 24, 1841, and accompanied her parents to Utah in 1853, being a resident of Box Elder county at the time of her marriage. For three years after marriage Mr. Osborn was employed on the farm of his eldest brother, then moved to the Cache Valley and took a homestead in the new settlement at Hyrum, where he erected the first residence of the place.

In June, 1861, his brother, Thomas J., died at East Weber, and at the request of the family, Mr. Osborn removed thither for one year to take charge of the farm and settle the estate. He then bought a farm at Three Mile Creek in Box Elder county, near Mrs. Osborn's people, and conducted this until July, 1865, when he moved to the new settlement of Montpelier, in Bear Lake county, Idaho, where for seven successive years he gave his entire time to vigorous
farming operations, during all of this time harvesting not a crop of value, on account of frosts and the depredations of grasshoppers. He persevered, however, and in time his diligent industry was rewarded by the possession of a fine farm and a pleasant home on the main street of the city.

During his life in Montpelier he was the very capable postmaster for fourteen years, a popular justice of the peace for sixteen years, and he was the efficient captain of the Montpelier company of the Nauvoo Legion during the entire life of that organization. An active man of business for twelve years while making his home in Bear lake county, Mr. Osborn was engaged in filling large contracts of railroad construction, building the line from Nampa to Boise and for years being employed in charge of highly important and especially difficult work at various points on the Oregon Short Line.

Not having land enough to supply his sons with labor, in 1895 he sold his Bear Lake possessions, and, in the spring of 1896, came to Rexburg, his present residence. Here he purchased land with a partially finished house upon it, which he enlarged and completed for hotel purposes, opening the Osborn House, which has proved a very popular place of entertainment, in the spring of 1900. Mr. and Mrs. Osborn have been most diligent and effective in the care of their guests and their house has a well-earned reputation. Mr. Osborn is a strong Republican and is serving his third term of justice of the peace in this city, having also been a member of the city council for two terms, also holding the important offices of supervisor and watermaster with conceded ability.

In church relations he has been very active and useful. While living at Three Mile Creek he was the president of the local branch of Brigham City ward, and at Montpelier he as a highly serviceable counsellor to five biships, holding the office until his removal to Rexburg; in this city he has been a member of the High Council of the stake for three years. In all his relations, civil, religious and social, he has received the encomiums of his associates for his faithfulness and ability, and won the friendship of the best citizens of the various communities where he has maintained his residence.

The children of this honored couple, with a brief record, concludes most fittingly this interesting sketch: David A., born on September 4, 1859, a rancher, resides in Lemhi county; Cynthia A., born on June 6, 1861, married A.J. Bird and resides in Rexburg; Sarah Vianca, born February 1, 1863, married R.C. Young and died on January 18, 1892, leaving one child, David R.; Mary M. born on January 14, 1865, married J.M. Phelps, and lives in Montpelier; Lydia J., born on March 12, 1867, resides in Rexburg; Nancy A., born on April 26, 1869, is also at the parental home; Margaret A., born July 21, 1871, married H.E. Rigby and lives in Rexburg; Jefferson L., born October 19, 1873, lives at Gransville, Utah, and is a teacher; William W., born on February 14, 1876, has filled a two-years mission in Kentucky, and is now at the Osborn House; John Richard, born November 18, 1877, at the present writing is filling a mission in British Columbia; Isaac Melvin, born on April 7, 1880, is teaching at Hibbard, Idaho; Glenn Milton, on January 1, 1887, is a student at Ricks Academy."

Parents:
David Osborn (1807 - 1893)

Spouses:
Nancy Thorn Osborn (1841 - 1918)
Elizabeth Standley Benson (1838 - 1919)

Children:
Cynthia Abigail Osborn Bird (1861 - 1940)
Nancy Adaline Osborn (1869 - 1909)

IN
Rexburg Cemetery
Rexburg
Madison County
Idaho

WITH NANCY THORN OSBORN, CYNTHIA & NANCY + their families

Ula Osborn Rigby

Posted: 1 Oct 2011 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: rigby
Ula Osborn Rigby
Birth: Jun. 17, 1898
Rexburg
Madison County
Idaho, USA
Death: Sep. 20, 1903
Rexburg
Madison County
Idaho, USA
daughter of Henry & Anna O

IN
Rexburg Cemetery
Rexburg
Madison County
Idaho

SIDE BY SIDE WITH

William H Rigby
3 Sep 1899 to 21 Sep 1904
son of Henry & Ann O

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 3:55AM GMT
Thank you so much. I really am looking for info on Ula Osborn Rigby who died at about age 6 under mysterious circumstances. I am trying to find a little life history on her and any pictures besides the infant picture.

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 3:57AM GMT
this would be great.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions