Search for content in message boards

Myers in Salem, Marion Co., Illinois

Myers in Salem, Marion Co., Illinois

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Metcalf
Looking for information on Thomas Davis Myers. He married Rachel J. Metcalf on 12-26-1878 in Marion County,Illinois. They had a son, Herman Davis Myers, B. 1-12-1885 in Salem, Marion county,Illinois; other known sons and daughters: George, Lincoln, Ellsworth, John, Anna, Laura and Sarah Alvira.

Myers in Marion co., IL

dee (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
I too am searching for Myers ancestors - David Myers b. 1823 in New York married Ruth Fields and settled originally in Jefferson co., IL and some of the Myers family moved to Marion co., IL Would like to know what you know of your family in this county. I have a lot of Myers but don't see a Thomas Davis so if you have his parents, siblings . . . perhaps we can find a match.

Myers Family

dee (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Thank you for your reply - perhaps two heads will be better
than one. I will be interested to see if there is anyone
out there that can help the both of us. Seems there are a
lot of Myers buried in Marion co. Is there a historical
society or a genealogical soc. in the county that has a re-
source librarian - does anyone know?

Myers in Marion County, IL

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 4:33AM GMT
Hello!
I don't have much. The information I have of his family is:
His father: George Myers b. 1820's in Ireland or Scotland.
His mother: Sarah Selly b. in Wales
His sister: Mary E. Myers b. 1840, no other info on her.
I have not been able to find anything else.

It is possible that my George and your David are brothers. I have been unable to track any further back than George. I do know that George and his family immigrated to U.S. when he was young. I also believe from family stories that George and Sarah met and married here in the US.

I hope this helps, I hope we find a connection.

Cris Myers

Re: Myers in Marion co., IL

bonita (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2003 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: ELLER
My grandfather JOSEPH PETER ELLERS mothers name is
Anna m.MYERS...she married Newton ELLER....HE WAS BORN IN MT VERNON,JEFFERSON CO,IL......IS SHE EITHER OF YOUR MEYERS????......Bonita

Cris Myers (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2003 4:52PM GMT
Dear bonita,
Sorry it has taken so long to respond. Do you know if Myers is the maiden name of your Anna or from a previous marriage? I have checked my records--which, i admit are no where near completed--and have found only Annie E. Myers, born august 6, 1889. If you could give me some dates, i.e. marriage, birth or death, i may yet find her somewhere.
Thanks,
Cris Myers

Bonita (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Eller,Evins,Mayer/MYER
Hello...I have very little info on our Anna...the documents I have her last name is spelled Mayer not Myer.This according
to my grandfather birth/death is his mothers name.She married Newton Eller in 1897,Marion co..IL ....at 13 yrs of age
he was 33 yrs old at that time....have document from MARION CO on this. They had several children..Joseph,
Elsie Mae,Florence and Catherine/Kathryn Eller...every one else in my family says her name is Myers....my documents
do not. I have also pictures of her,husband and some of the children....let me know if she turns out to be your Anna..Bonita.....if so can swap info...nothing on her side yet

Cris Myers (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2003 2:38PM GMT
No, i'm sorry but we don't seem to match. while i am not currently working on my tree now, i am hoping to get to Illinois sometime in the future to do some research. Who knows, maybe we'll find our Annas are cousins or something. Good luck in your search and happy holidays.
Cris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions