Search for content in message boards

STEELE family Demarera mid 1800's

STEELE family Demarera mid 1800's

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2003 10:16AM GMT
Surnames: STEELE
Trying to trace the birth and parents of Matthew, Richard and William Steele all born in Demarera, British Guiana. Approximate birth years Matthew 1839, Richard 1848 and William 1850.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

STEELE Family in Guyana

Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2003 10:16AM GMT
Surnames: STEELE
Thank you for your prompt response.
I would be very happy to exchange information with you. Richard Steele was my husband's grandfather and most of the information is from that line of the family. I also have information on the children of Matthew and William.
I will e-mail all the details.
Best Wishes
Phyllis

STEELE FAMILY IN GUYANA

Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Steele
Steele Family in British Guiana / Guyana
I have details in a branch of my family tree of a Matthew Steele, planter of Demerara, however I don't know his date of birth. Roughly I can say that he married into my family line around 1834 and I know definitely three of his children, Edward, George and William, the latter born circa 1848.

I'd be glad to exchange information, having details of other Steeles of around that period as well as more recent generations.

Regards
Tikwis

Re: STEELE family Demerara mid 1800's

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 8:54PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2013 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: Steele, Murray, Loxdale, Hick
Hi There, Looking for family of Thomas Steele who emigrated to Demerara from Grenada sometime after 1857 possibly via Trinidad. He was 5th son of Richard Steele of Grenada and is said to have died at his home on the Brickdam in Georgetown, Demerara 12 May 1878 according to The Colonist Newspaper. Probably not related to parents of Matthew, Richard & William but worth a try.

FYI I did come across info that a Matthew Steele was partner in Murray Brothers & Co. out of Georgetown a company which included Thomas & Henry Murray, George Henry Loxdale and William Hick around 1853. It was linked to Murrays Loxdale & Co. operations out of Liverpool and trade under the name Steele Loxdale & Co out of Demerara until 1860. The Liverpool operation under name George H. Loxdale & Co went on until 1878. Found at www.ucl.ac.uk - commercial legacy menu.

Hope you have come across Thomas Steele! Cheers Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions