Search for content in message boards

Dollarhide - Choctaw Bloodline

Dollarhide - Choctaw Bloodline

Posted: 5 May 2007 9:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dollarhide,Koger,Madding
Hi I am a Granddaghter of Mary Delois Dollarhide her father i believe was Ernest Dollarhide i am looking for someone with info to help me continue my search there is Dollarhides on the Choctaw Dawes Roll i just need further info or help...
Any Response would be greatly appciated
Thank You
Sarah

Re: Dollarhide - Choctaw Bloodline

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 2:01AM GMT
HEY THERE .THERE IS A INTERESTING LEGEND ,ABOUT A MAN NAMED DOLLARHIDE, IN OUR FAMILY.SEEMS HE WAS AN INDIAN THAT KILLED A MAN SEVERAL GENERATIONS AGO AND ASUMMED CONTROL OF HIS FAMILY...THE MAN APPARENTLY ""NEEDED KILLIN"".HA HA. ..WE ARE SEARCHING FOR OUR NAME ON THE INDIAN ROLLS FOR MY DAD....THERE ARE MARTINS, AND RIDGLEYS INVOLVED AS WELL AS BLACKWELLS, AND SEVERAL MORE.I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUR PLACE IN THIS OLD WORLD.....MY SISTER, CAROLINE IS DOING MOST OF THIS RESEARCH.I"M VISITING FROM ARKANSAS.BY THE WAY.I'M BOB RIDGLEY.JUST GOT EXCITED WHEN I READ THE NAME DOLLARHIDE.MAYBE WE CAN HELP EACHOTHER.REPECTFULLY YOUR'S BOB RIDGLEY

Posted: 5 Jul 2007 1:35PM GMT
There are a lot of Dollarhides in AR now and way in the past. I can find two that are Choctaw, by marriage, I believe. I can trace both the AR ones and our bunch back to Wales, they all intersect back in about 17-1800 then go their separate ways. If you check the Choctaw roles on Ancestry.com, you'll find the two I speak of...at the moment, I can't remember the names. Larry's side sure look Indian. I have a picture of his great-grandmother that is definitely Indian looking and she made her own meds.

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 8:38PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2008 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Dollarhide
Dear Sarah, Your GrGrandfather Ernest was my uncle and your grandmother DeLois was my 1st cousin. I was sorry to hear of her passing. Her Sister Thelma is now the oldest living Dollarhide in our line.I keep trying to get back home to Kingman, but something always seems to get in the way. I have been doing family research on our branch of the Dollarhide's for a lot of years and have not been able to make a connection with any Indian blood. But growing up I heard all the stories about being part Indian. Have you found any information to verify this? contact mikea@valleyint.com
Cheers
your Cuz
Mike

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 1:44AM GMT
Larry's dad is Ernest Dollarhide and lives in Jay, OK. I realize there are more than one Ernest in this family...as there were several Wade Dollarhides. Larry's grandfather was Wade, he was born in Wise, Co., VA. I have searched for the Native American in this family too - can't confirm any of it but you can certainly see it in their features.

Anyone that can connect to the Wise VA area, I would love to compare notes with. There are several published stories about them.

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 3:15PM GMT
OK Cody, so lets see how far back we go.
My Mom was Mary Alice Dollarhide,her Brother was Ernest, her folks were Ulyssus and Alice Dollarhide, then on to John And Nancy, and then James and Sarah then Asahel and ? then John and Nancy and on and on all the way back to Francis who was the immigrant ancestor. John Dollarhide was a Revolutionary war Veteran and is buried on land that is owned by the Dollarhide rod and Gun club around Lufkin, Tx. John and at least two of his sons arrived in Arkansas before 1825, before that they were in Tennessee, Kentucky,Texas and Louisiana, there have been Dollarhides and related families there ever since mostly in the South West part of Arkansas. The last of my line to reside in Arkansas departed in the 1930s' headed for California, they made it as far as Kingman Arizona, and are there today. How about You?
Cheers
Mike

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 4:07PM GMT
There's also a Dollarhide cemetery in AR. I have pics.

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 10:48PM GMT
Hi! My name is John Matthews my mother is Mary Dollarhide of Ok. Her father was Ralph Dollarhide mother Lorraine. I have found two Dollarhides on the Choctaw Role... Heny and Alfie Dollarhide Choctaw Census Card 5838. The Folklore in our family always eluded to a tie the the Soiux Indians. I have found a Soiux by the name Kenneth Dollarhide. He is or was the Dean of the College of Humanities and Social Science at Kean University in New Jersey. That is all I know of him. Let me know if you find any thing about this or how we may be related.

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 12:21AM GMT
I found the Dollarhides out of AR too, but cannot connect them with our Wade (son of John and Lizzie - Elizabeth)bunch out of VA. A lady in Wise Co, VA sent me a lot of info - and there's rumor that at least our line of Dollarhides (which also go back to Frances)mixed with the Malugens (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). I can find no Malugens (I think it's Molougen but it sounds like Malugen)to trace. Larry's kin look Indian for sure but I can find nothing to confirm that. I have a picture of his ggrandmother, Lizzie, that the family called Cripple Granny that screams American Indian.

Does your mother know or live anywhere near Ernest (Larry's dad)? He lives in Jay, OK.

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2009 3:52PM GMT
Hi John my grandmother was Mary Delois Dollarhide from Ok also. I have not found out anything else its been a battle tryin to find out anything really i did see there is a Dollarhide on the choctaw nation website. Thanks for the info tho i will see what else i can find out thank you!
Sarah
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions