Search for content in message boards

Garvin's Ohio to Illinois

Garvin's Ohio to Illinois

Josh (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2000 11:52PM GMT
I am just starting my search. I remember seeing a small family tree that my great aunt started, showing that my grandfather, Chester Walter Garvin of Paris, Edgar County, IL is from a line of Garvin's that migrated from Ohio to Illinois in the 1800's. I remember these surnames being involved in the lineage: Porter, Scott, Creach, Zimmerman, Lacey (Lacy). I am thinking that there might also have been Henderson. I also remember one of my ancestors marrying his deceased wife's sister after her passing. If any of this rings a bell with someone, please feel free to contact me at garvin78@aol.com or ohnutty1@yahoo.com Thank You, Josh Garvin

Re: Garvin's Ohio to Illinois

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 3:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garvin, Ridenour, Laman
Hello Josh,

I was wondering if you'd found out anything about this. I have just begun looking into my family history. There is a Catherine Garvin (1845 - 1916) from Ireland who married Peter Ridenour Jr. So she is my third great grandmother and I've been struggling to find out any information about her.

She had 7 children that I know of (almost all this information is such that I have gotten from this website. Because I only knew my great grandfather's name, nothing else). One of them was Edward Ridenour (1870 - 1938). He married twice--had three daughters (Lenore, Mary Pauline and Florence) with one wife and a son (my great grandfather) with the other.

The daughters are what caught my eye because one of them was married to Virgil Clair Laman. And when she died, he married her sister. I believe from the records that the two were Mary Pauline and Lenore--but I don't know which was first and which one died. I know Virgil had two sons, Edward and Thomas.

If any of that sounds relevant, please shoot me a message back.

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:58AM GMT
Hi Josh I might not be of any help. My father family didn't seam to keep family history around. All i know is that My fathers family lived in Terra Haute Ind and were farmers the Garvin moved there from Ill. Don't know any dates of when to moved into Ind...I know my father parents names and Dates but don't know any more on his father side. I do have more on his mother and her parents and grandparents...with that still don't know when they came to USA. IT's good to hear of other Garvin's that lived in Ill.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 10:10AM GMT
Josh Just was woundering if you had any luck with your search latly?
Am still searching for Garvin's that lived in Illinois than moved into Indiana.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions