Search for content in message boards

Laura billie Redman

Laura billie Redman

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 12:57PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:28PM GMT
I am looking for any info on my grandmother Laura Billy Redman.Her mother was Bertha Luella Hart and her father was Fred Redman. Laura was born in 1914 and died in 1985. She lived in Pontiac, Ill. She was raised by a family named McCabe. She married a man named George Browell and latter moved to Joliet,Ill.I am looking for any info on her, her father,her husband or any other family. All help will be greatly appreciated. V Kurtz.(new researcher)

Re: Laura billie Redman

Posted: 2 Sep 2002 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

My name is Mickey Haynes-Connor, and Fred Redman was my Grandfather. I knew he had been married twice, and suspected that Bertha Hart was his 1st wife when I found a 1920 census listing Bertha Hart as Divorced, and a daughter Laura Redman in Livingston Co., Pontiac, Illinois

My connection with Fred Redman is through his 2nd marriage to Inez Pearl Wright. He married her in 1920. She was 18, and he was 31. On the marriage certificate it list this union as his 2nd. They had 4 children, Norma Jean Redman: Born 1920 died only a couple weeks after birth, William Redman: Born 1921, Died in 1979, Earl Wright Redman: Still living , & Essie Adele Redman (Della): Still living. Essie is my mother.

Fred's full name is Fred Winfield Redman. He served in Army, and was in World War I. Fred died in 1940 and is buried in Pontiac's Southside Cemetery beside his mother & father: Henry W. Redman & Margaret Josefine Cook Redman.
They lived in Pontiac, Illinois at 522 W. Washington.

I do have more information this Redman family.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mickey Haynes-Connor

Laura Billie Redman

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 5:15PM GMT
I have a copy of Fred W. Redman & Bertha Luella Hart's Marriage Certificate. They were married in Pontiac, Livingston Co., Illinois on June 15, 1914. He was 24 yrs & she was 18 yrs. Her Father's name was James W. Hart, and her mother was Laura McKinsey. His Father was Henry Redman & his mother was Margaret Cook, Witnesses were Pearl Hart & Eva Robinson. On Laura's Birth Certificate (Oct. 21, 1914) it list the mother as Bertha Luella Hart & Father as Frederick James Redman and he was born in Louisville, Ky. There seems to be several discripancies in the Birth Certificate, It also lists that they lived in Pontiac, Illinois at 611 W. Cleary.

Posted: 7 Jun 2003 8:51PM GMT
Hi,

My name is Glenda Delsasso and I am a grandaughter of Laura Redman Browell. I too am searching for any family history on my grandmothers side. I also am a new researcher.

Sheral Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Browell
Hi Glenda,
Welcome to the land of family research. I am also searching our family roots. I have been doing a lot of research of our family also.
Do you have any info. as of right now?
Please get back, George's daughter, Sheral
I would love for us to stay in contact with each other. By the way, happy late birthday. Love, Sheral

Re: Laura Billie Redman

Posted: 24 Aug 2003 5:33PM GMT

Posted: 28 Nov 2009 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Redman
OMG we're related! Inez Pearl Redman and Fred Redman are my grandparents or should I say were my grandparents. My grandma died in 1985 I do believe after a short illness that turned into pnuemonia. Her son, Earl Wright Redman was my father, Bill Redman was my uncle and my Aunt Della were my granparents children. Who are you related to? Are you one of Della's children? I live in Texas now, moving after Grandma died.

Posted: 28 Nov 2009 5:53PM GMT
Dear Vicki

Fred Redman was my grandfather. I do believe one of my cousins responded to one of your posts. My father was Earl Wright Redman, son of Inez and Fred Redman.
I live in Texas now, not too terribly far from here Grandma and Grandpa lived at one time.
I guess we are related of sorts.
Isn't life strange, some strange thing lead me this morning to do a search on my father...

Posted: 27 Aug 2010 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bunn, Redman, Browell
John Warner Bunn and Laura had a child, Robert (deceased), in July of 1933. I have found no info on a marriage/divorce, although Laura married a Browell in Pontiac circa 1936. I am unable to find any info as to his (John Bunn) whereabouts. Any information from the Redman side would greatly appreciated...

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 6:08PM GMT
Do you have any Redman that are married to a Shumate.

I'am Looking for a Cora Jean Shumate That married a Redman

They lived most of thier in Ill.

Between 1981-1970.

If you can help me would love to here from you.

Jackie Redgal54@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions