Search for content in message boards

Calvary Cemetery, Toledo

Calvary Cemetery, Toledo

Posted: 10 Nov 2003 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Malaska
I'm looking for someone with a digital camera would be willing to take some pictures of graves and email them to me.

Thanks very much,
Margaret ~ Texas

Surname: MALASKA
Zigmumd ~ b. 1880 d. 1941
Felica (Felicyanna) ~ b. 1886 d. 1967

Re: Calvary Cemetery, Toledo

ellen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2003 4:20PM GMT
Faster and easier to search for Funeral Directors who will direct you to the correct cemetery where your ancestors may be buried. It takes longer time and more research if you search only cemeteries.
I found that some funeral directors in certtain cities (not all just a couple) if near the cemetery you're interested in were willing to photograph the grave and email the photo.

During my more than two years of research trying to find ancestors and cemeteries. I have dicovered that it is faster and easier to search for Funeral Directors and Funeral Homes. From them I get the name of the cemetery where the person I am researching is interred. It took me only one week to locate people I had been searching for in two years! By contacting Funeral Directors!

As an example, I was contacting cemeteries, located the name in the appropriate cemetery, however, the cemetery had suffered a fire in its offices and storage facilities and had no information other than a last name. But contacting the Funeral Directors of that city I was guided to the Funeral home who took charge of the funeral arrangements as far back as 65 years ago. As a result I located not one but several of my ancestors. Since Funeral Directors do not concentrate their work on one cemetery.

Try then searching for funeral directors and funeral homes. That seemed to work better for me.
I had tried to find another ancestor's burial iste as well searching cemeteries. It would have taken me through at least 1,000 locations. But finding Funeral Directors I had a shorter list and within five searches I found the correct funeral director who took care of my ancestor's arrangements. It turns out that they service several if not all the cemeteries in or near their location.

So go to your search engine, find yellow pages, look up funeral directors in the area of your inquiry then contact them by email or phone as I did.You'll be surprise how willing they are to help in genealogy research.

Posted: 30 Dec 2003 1:53AM GMT
Hi Margaret........I live in Toledo....I would be glad to take the pictures for you and send them to you.......let me know.

Donna

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 12:15AM GMT
I know where calvary cemetery is in Toledo Oh. I dont like their now but I do go back to Toledo to see my family . my mon and dad are at calvary.I would be glad to take picture the next time I go if you till me who you need the picture taken .my email is
Janice Duncan

Posted: 9 Apr 2004 2:34AM GMT
QUERY ,
HI, I WAS JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF IT WAS YOU THAT NEEDED PICTURE TAKEN A CALVARY CEMETERY. IN TOLEDO OHIO. I HAVE FAMILY THAT STILL LIVE THEIR. AND I HAVE FAMILY IN CALVARY. SO IF YOU NEED PICTURE LET ME KNOW AND ILL BE MORE THEM HAPPY TO DO THIS FOR YOU. JANICE DUNCA
E MAIL IS dbwa@power-net.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions