Search for content in message boards

Johan Alex Håkansson

Johan Alex Håkansson

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Håkansson
Hello
I am looking for a relative that immirated to the US in 1903 April the third. His name was Johan Alex Håkansson, Born 1878 April the 21:st in Ulvestorp Gustav-Adolf Habo County of Skaraborg Sweden.
He Immigrated to the US by the Port of Boston.

From here I dont have a clue were he went or ended up.
This has been a mystery for our family for decades.
I hope someone out there can help me.

Best regards Tomas Erlandsson Sweden

Re: Johan Alex Håkansson

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Tomas, Was wondering if you were still searching for Johan A. Hakansson.
We did find him arriving in Boston on 3 Apr 1903 on the SS Saxonia out of Liverpool, England. It mentions, on the ship log, that his final destination was a cousins in Chicago, Illinois. It looks like the cousins last name was Reugquist.
Did find a Frederick Reugquist living in Norwood, Illinois on the 1900 US Federal Census. Did not him living at 287 Division St, Chicago, though.
Margie

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 6:10PM GMT
Tomas,
Just noticed that you have Johan dying 11 Dec 1914, Goodhue County, Minnesota.
This Johan was born about 1858, died at the age of 56. He died in Cannon Falls, Goodhue County, Minnesota. His parents are listed as Gustaf Hakanson and Kajsa Johanson.
Margie

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 6:50PM GMT
Hi Margie
Thank you for your researches for my relative.
I Guess i have followed the Wrong Johan if i refer to the man Who died in minesota.
But your information About his arrival to Boston and to his cousin Fredrik Ringqvist is a total match.

I am still looking for Johan A Håkansson and I am grateful for all kind of help I can get from over there.
A Mary Cristmas to you and thanks for your help, hope to hear from you again

Best wishes Tomas

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 7:05PM GMT
Hello Tomas,
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.

Am still looking for Johan. Will keep looking till I find him. Just love a challenge. Will help as much as possible.

Was wondering if he might have taken the name of a farm or the area where he came from for his last name. Any suggestions?

Margie

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 11:39PM GMT
Hello Margie

I have some information about the farm he came from (and i was raised in)the name of it is: ULVESTORP it is placed in the village of: GUSTAV-ADOLF in The community of: HABO
Do you think that he could have made his lastname more American by turning it to HAWKINS or HAWKINSON ? They are pronunced almost the same way. This is only a thought and I dont have any fact. Hope you can have some use of this information

// Tomas

Posted: 25 Dec 2011 1:52AM GMT
Hello Tomas,

Was thinking about the same line about name changes. Will try that also. Will also try the community name etc.

Merry Christmas again.

Margie

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 1:49PM GMT
Hello Tomas,
Sorry to bother you again.
Who is the Oscar E. Anderson listed with Johan on the ship manifest? He is going to Chicago and the same cousin. Noticed that you did not have him in your family tree.
Email me at fordfarm@centurytel.net
Margie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions