Search for content in message boards

Pasbrig, Milwaukee

Pasbrig, Milwaukee

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pasbrig
Help!. I need any information on the Pasbrig family. All I know is that I'm looking for information on a Carl Pasbrig. He was married on May 10, 1902. He had a son named Oscar who came to Minnesota. Any information at all would be helpful. I have found Pasbrigs in Wisconsin but I have no idea how any of them fit together. Please email me. Searching@hotmail.com

Re: Pasbrig, Milwaukee

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2001 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Pasbrig
Your query is too wide for anybody to answer. You need to do some back tracking or simply start over in your research and take one step at a time.
First: At what age was Oscar when he arrived in Wisconsin? Did he travel alone, or with his parents? I assume he was born after 1902. I hope you have his birth record. Have you located his father in the 1900 census? What was the family doing in 1905, 1910, 1920? If Oscar traveled to Wisconsin, have you located him in the 1920 or earlier census soundex? How do you know that Oscar lived here? What would cause him to make the move? Did he live near or with other relatives?
There are many Pasbrigs in Wisconsin. There was a researcher from the Milwaukee Area by the name of Pasbrig--maybe someone looking here will connect you to her. Some of the Pasbrigs listed in the Pedigree Charts of the Milwaukee Genealogical Society are from Deutschhammer, Germany. This may or may not be a lead for you. You have much work ahead of you. Don't jump the sea before doing research here.
I would suggest that you take a course in conducting a good Genealogical Search or get a book on the subject at the library. Most local Genealogical Societies will offer free classes on doing genealogy. Or, maybe you just need to write a better query. Always keep in mind that your audience doesn't know a thing about your family, so you need to educate them with facts and figures, and names, if you want a response. Hope this helps you out. Sue

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 7:00PM GMT
Hi Deb

I've been doing some research on my great-grandfather's family which is the Pasbrig. Ernest Pasbrig, born in 1887 in Trebnitz, Germany, came to the US and settled in the Milwaukee area in about 1905. I have not found an Oscar but there are many Pasbrigs in Wisconsin. Do you have any other information to share that might help us see if we are connected?

Mary

Posted: 7 Feb 2003 9:15PM GMT
HELLO MARY,I saw your message and am hoping mine fits with yours.Harvey PASBRIG born 17 Nov. 1919 & cied 4 May
1997 in Milwaukee, WI. on 6 Apr. 1943 He married Evelyn LACHMUND, born 4 Feb. 1921 & died Apr. 1985 in Milwaukee
?. THEY HAD 3 CHILDREN, ROBERT A., JAMES, KAREN
THIS IS ALL THAT I KNOW. THANKS. grandparoy@aol.com

Posted: 6 Aug 2003 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2003 3:16PM GMT
Hi Roy

I just saw this post of yours, sorry it took so long, I had to put things on the back burner as we were moving back about the time you posted. Anyway, I'm back at it here and I'll print this off and keep it handy and if I find anything, I'll be sure to post back to you.

Mary

Posted: 8 Jun 2004 9:57PM GMT
Have a lot more information on the siblings and the descendants of Harvey Pasbrig if you're interested, let me know.
Also know that Harvey Max Pasbrig and Evelyn (Lachmund) Pasbrig resided at 4851 Anthony, Milwaukee 53219

Re: Pasbrig in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 29 May 2011 12:13AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2012 3:17PM GMT
Surnames: Pasbrig Bartsch
The Pasbrig surname listed in the index of Milwaukee German newspapers include: Charles, Deloras, Dorothea (Bartsch), Gladys, Gottlieb, Karl G., Lena.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions