Search for content in message boards

Halsey Family of New Jersey and Long Island

Halsey Family of New Jersey and Long Island

Karl (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 7:44AM GMT
Hello In the set of books re: First Settlers of Piscataway and Woodbridge, New Jersey pg. 159
New England Migration mentions Thomas HALSEY among the inhabitants of Long Island founded in 1639. My Great Grandmother was Ada Halsey b. 4/29/1872(have photo)married on Jan. 27,1889
of Her and my Great Grandfather William Helmuth b. March 7, 1870 one of four children of Phillip Helmuth and Mary Anna Strickkland, whom lived in Osbornville and Brick Town area. Info from my Dennis Family Tree, Dennis Family Bible, My Dennis Genealogy collection.
Looking for additional information. Please see my posting at New Jersey, Dennis, Vanderbilt, Halsey, Compton, Coe, etc.
Thank you
Karl

Halsley

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:14AM GMT
I have a Jimima Halsley died in N.J in 1683. She was married to a Johannes Lawrenson or Larason, Larrison. The spelling changes. They were originally from Denmark. I'm just a novice but it might be a lead.

Halsey Family of NJ, and VA

Karl Swartzel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 8:21PM GMT
Hello May Thank you for the info. I also found a new leed tonight reading my Halsey book re"Brother against Brother". I turns out the (Halsey's owned Iron ore mines in Central and South Jersey). Well earlier I posted that the Vanderbilts had a Flotilla of ships that hauled (Iron Ore) from South Jersey to Charleston, NC. I believe these two Families also tie into the Stevens Family of Hoboken, NJ re: new posting I posted yesterday about (Erwin Johnson). WOW
Steamships and Railroad Business. The book Jersey Sampler also mentions Lee family of VA
Enjoy
Karl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions