Search for content in message boards

Carson port of entry 1818

Carson port of entry 1818

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARSON
I just received my ggg grandpa's naturalization. He came as an infant with his parents and 3 uncles JOHN, SMITH, ANDREW AND MATTHEW CARSON. They arrived in Petersburg, Va in Aug 1818, sailing from Antrim, Ireland. They settled in Western N. Carolina

Re: Carson port of entry 1818

Posted: 3 Apr 2012 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Carson Blevins
Kim, I'm looking for David Carson who is supposed to be related to John, Andrew, Matthew Carson and Jane Blevins living in Ashe County, North Carolina; James Carson in Carroll County, Virginia; Elizabeth & Rebecca Carson in Platte County, Missouri; and Andrew Carson in Benton County, Oregon in 1850. Thanks, Jan

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: David Carson b. MO.
The only David I have is David S. Carson b. 5 Jun 1867 in Missouri, and died 18 Nov 1941,also in MO. He was the son of Robert Spence Carson

Posted: 21 Apr 2012 6:33AM GMT
Thanks for checking Kim. What was your GGGP name? Do you have any other cousins doing genealogy? Maybe someone can help me find our David's Carson connections. Jan

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 6:44PM GMT
My ggg grandpa was John Carson b. 1818 not sure where...They arrived in the US in Aug 1818. He was the son of John and Ann McIlrath Carson. John was b. 1789 and came with his brothers to the US. His father is thought to be James carson. I don't know of ANY Carson's doing genealogy. If I find one, I'll try to remember to connect you to them. I haven't been able to find any connections in Ireland yet.

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Carson
Hi Kim, Thanks for your reply. You're definitely related to our Carson family. Your ggg gp could have been born in Ireland, on the boat, or in America. All the parental generation were born in Antrim County, Ireland. The births of their children confirm 1818 as their travel-to-America date. Lots of brothers and a sister: Andrew/Margaret, David, James, Jane, John/Ann (your 4g gps), Matthew/Jane, Robert, Smith/Elizabeth living mostly in North Carolina, James in Virginia. Three of them later moved to Missouri (David, John, Smith). David came to Oregon as did at least one of his nephews (Andrew Jackson Carson). I have more information about American marriages, children, deaths if you're interested. Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic