Search for content in message boards

Henry Vincent, Eng>PA>IL; 1824 to 1880

Henry Vincent, Eng>PA>IL; 1824 to 1880

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 8:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vincent, James, Hicks, Stoddard/Stoddern/Stottern
Still looking for my elusive Henry VINCENT. He came to America sometime before 1850 where he was found in Cumberland Co., PA with his wife, Sarah. (She being the daughter of Henry WAGNER.)

By 1860 Henry and his family are located in Lancaster Co., PA, Rapho Twsp.

Henry, b. 1824, Eng
Sarah, b. 1823, PA
William, 1850
Martha, 1851
Susan, 1853
Sarah, 1855
Samuel, 1857
Andrew, 1859
Franklin, 1862
Henry/Harry, 1856

In 1870 the family had moved to Mifflin Co., PA
Mifflin Co., Bratton Twsp., page 264
140/146: Vincent, Henry, 49, b. England, Miner
Vincent, Sarah A., 51, b. PA
Vincent, Martha A., 18, b. PA
Vincent, Sarah J., 15, b. PA
Vincent, Samuel, 14, b. PA
Vincent, Franklin, 8, b. PA
Vincent, Harry, 4, b. PA

In 1880 they had move to Carroll Co., IL, Mt. Carroll:
Henry VINCENT, Head, M, Laborer, 58, b. Eng., father b. Eng., mother b. Eng.
Sarah VINCENT, Wife, F, Keeping House, 57, b. PA, PA, PA
Harry VINCENT, Son, M, Cattle Hearder, 14, PA, Eng., Eng.
Anna VINCENT, G-dau., F, Attending School, 11, PA, PA, PA

Both Henry and Sarah are buried in Carroll Co., IL, along with most of their children. Their daughter, Martha, married John/Jackson Stoddard/Stoddern in PA and moved to Nebraska. (John was born in England about 1850.) All but one of Martha's children were born in PA so she and John never moved to Illinois with the rest of the family.

Sound familiar? I know there is a great deal of information on a Vincent family from England who settled in the Jo Daviess area of Illinois, but my family does not fit that particular mold.

Kaylynn
Nebraska

Re: Henry Vincent, Eng>PA>IL; 1824 to 1880

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Vincent
Saw you post on a Henry Vincent. Not a Vincent researcher, but I have a couple of records of a Henry Vincent in America by 1666 or before (when he was imported to Maryland). He was imported by a Edward Roe(Edward Roe was coming from Lancaster Co, Va.) So, this Henry Vincent could have been in Lancaster Co, Va before above dates. Then second record, from a map I have, is a land patent (550 acres) in Westmoreland Co Va.= Richard Searle assigned to Henry Vincent 1662, then an adjoining patent by Henry Vincent in 1664. My interest is these patents: They were within 1-2 miles of land owned by Peter Duncan. In Peter Duncan deed info, Richard Searle also appears in document. Now, Edward Roe, who imported Henry Vincent married the widow of Thomas Duncombe, who died in Lancaster Co, Va in 1659. So, I'm exploring any potential connections the Vincent & Duncan/Duncombe families back in England or Lancaster Co Va.

My email address is wfred.duncan@gmail.com

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 7:41PM GMT
Hello I am looking up the family of William Henry Vincent Born 1850 in PA. He moved to Carroll County IL and I found him in the 1880 census in Carroll county Illinois.With his wife Mary Jane Children Sarah,Samuel, Cyrus, infant not on census John Andrews Vincent . I'm trying to find out if your Henry S. Vincent is William Henry's Father. Do you know anything about your William Vincent. My William is my gg Grandfather. my family have been looking for the Vincent family for over 50 years. We have finally found some info on them but working on William's parents and family.

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 7:44PM GMT
Kaylynn of Nebraska I would love to chat with you about you william Vincent
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions