Search for content in message boards

Volner

Posted: 23 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2004 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Volner
I am looking for the Volners in Tennessee, I know there were come in the Carroll Co. and Madison Co. areas when I was growing up. Some were living in and around Wood Hill, Law area. If you know any Volners have them get in touch with me. I am doing my husbands family tree and they are related. Thanks Sharon.
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2001 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Volner, Pratt, Knife, Weeks, Smothers
My Grandfather was Willie F. Volner b.3-17-1888 d.2-27-1951 in Decatur Co. TN he married Rebecca Emma Pratt b. 8-26-1899 d. 3-12-1955. Their children: Louis J., Ruble O., J. Lawson, James H.(my father). I know very little of the Volner history but have been told this story. Samual Volner b. 1750 in Germany then came to the US and married Cynthis Knife. Her father was a Cherokee Chief. They had 3 boys William, Thomas,Benjamin. Both Samual and Cynthia died 1836/37 in GA. William was born in VA/NC he married Mary Weeks. Thomas and Benjamin lived in TN. I do not know which Thomas or Benjamin would be my ggfather. But I do know that William Volner and Polly Weeks married in Sumner Co. TN on 3 July 1817 Bondsman Ely Smothers and Samuel Volner. I lived in Decauter Co. until I was 9 yrs. old then moved to Gibson and now live in Carroll Co. Would like to share info.
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
I have replied privately to your email address.
I have been unable to connect Samual/Samuel Volner to Francisco Marcus Volner who was my husband's ancestor. I have been told that these are not the same.

Have you been able to make the connection?

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Ann the line is as follows: Francisco Marcus "Frank" Volner> John Franklin Volner (your great grandfather) who married Amanda Elizabeth Etheridge >Will.

Eli Smothers

Bill Smothers (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smothers, Volner
I know of the Eli Smothers you mention (the bondsman) but I am not sure what his relationship to the bride/groom was, if any. Eli's wife was Margaret Pyles. Do you know the researcher LaVelda Faul? She has done a lot of work on the Volner-Weeks families.
Posted: 28 Jul 2002 1:36AM GMT
My husband is related to Rebecca E Pratt Volner. Willie and Rebecca are buried in Peace Chapel Cemetery at Scott's Hill TN. Her birth date on the grave stone is Mar 26, 1889, and death date is Mar 12, 1958. If you are interested in any names etc for her family, let me know...I do have some info, not alot.

Re: Volner

Posted: 2 May 2006 5:22AM GMT
My husband mother was a Volner, Marcus L. son of Frank and Susannah Taylor Volner were her line, there is A Samual Volner in the 1850 Decatur Co. Tn Cenus Dist. 1, I believe too be the father of Frank. Would like to hear from you. Has been a while since you posted, so hope you are still interested. Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic