Search for content in message boards

Decendents and Ancestors of William I Byars-Mary Elizabeth Bedford

Decendents and Ancestors of William I Byars-Mary Elizabeth Bedford

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 7:11PM GMT
We would like to contact anyone with additional, verifiable information on either family. Have some information from William I Byars (abt 1755) to Luna Byars (1908-1981). Would like to confirm information on Luna's ancestry. Have E-Mailable pictures of gravestones of Luna's and her parents.
MaryBob Burgette

Re: Decendents and Ancestors of William I Byars-Mary Elizabeth Bedford

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 9:15PM GMT
I am the grandson of Clara Jane Byars. She had a sister name Luna Mozelle that died about 1981. If this is who you are look for, then I may or may not have some information that you do not have. I can only go back two other generations. William I. Byars's father , Jonas James Byars (wife Francis Collins) and James Henry Byars (wife Peggy Gentry)

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Byars
Hello,

I know it's been a couple years since the last post. But I am descended from Rhoda Elizabeth Byars Billings. I have confirmed info about 5 generations back. I still live close to Pickens County, so it is feasible for me to look up info if anyone needs it.

Jennifer

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Byars
Hello,

I know it's been a couple years since the last post. But I am descended from Rhoda Elizabeth Byars Billings. I have confirmed info about 5 generations back. I still live close to Pickens County, so it is feasible for me to look up info if anyone needs it.

Jennifer

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Billings, Byars, Howell
Hi !
You are definately related to my wife's children. My wife, Mary, and I are researching her deceased husband, Charles Edward Howell, for her children as Luna Byars was his mother. We have been to Pickens Co., and took lots of pictures of gravestones. I have the "Cemetery Book" for Pickens Co., and I see where she and others (her and other Byars and Billings) were buried. The pictures are somewhere in my computer and I will try to locare them if you want any.
We are very intrested in sharing info with you. My wife remembers some Billings coming to family reunions in Pickens Co.
If you wish to e-mail us direct my email addy is : rburgette@charter.net
MaryBob Burgette

Posted: 17 May 2007 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Byars, McMurry
Sorry to change the subject but I need some help on this family. I am trying to apply for the Mayflower Society through this line. I have not been able to find a marriage record for William and Elizabeth. Has anyone found one? Also does anyone know where they are buried and their birth and death dates. I have approximate dates but if there is documentation that is better I would like to obtain it for this application. I decend through their son Jonas and his daughter Minerva. You can email me directly at bethnles@tampabay.rr.com.

Beth Clarke

Posted: 20 May 2007 9:50PM GMT
Beth,

My children come down thru Seth Byars and son James, from my first husbands line. I have names of both William and Elizabeth birth states and Williams death date all sourced from : Lineages of Hereditary Society Members, 1600s-1900s Sons & Daughters of Pilgrims, Vol III, Elder Brewster's Prophecy, Pages 821 & 822., which I got on line. My 2nd husband can find where online if you need him to.,,

William I. Byars born abt 1760 in Va. Died Bef. November 08, 1819 Spartanburg County, South Carolina..

Mary Elizabeth Bedford born abt 1763 in N. J. Died 1847 Chickasaw County, Mississippi.

They were married abt 1785 in Rutherford County, North Carolina but I do not have that sourced . I also have info about some of the children and grandchildren etc in you need any.

Glad to meet up with some one researching the Byars. We live in Tn and will go (sooner or later) to S.C., N.C., Va., and N.J.. hopefully we can find more info. Good Luck Let me know if this helps or I can help another way.

Mary Burgette

Posted: 21 May 2007 3:28AM GMT
Thanks Mary,

I am trying to apply for the Mayflower Society and locate proof of all the lines. If it has already been documented, I may not need to document it again. I am waiting to hear from the Historian as to what I need to document. I am just gathering the evidence. Thanks for your help. I will try to find that book online.

Beth

Posted: 20 Aug 2007 1:34AM GMT
Do you have any information on Elijah M. Byers/Byars b. 1798?

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Byars, Strickland
I am the granddaughter of Mary Charlotte (Lottie) Byars, sister to Clara Jane, ggd of William E. Byars and Rutha Elmore. I am looking for proof that James Absalom Byars is, indeed, the son of Seth Byars (wills, etc.). I am also related to the Stricklands of Pickens County AL -- Oscar Martin Strickland, George Milton Strickland, and Jarrett Strickland. Would like to talk to relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions