Search for content in message boards

John Lakey (Lackey) dies 1835 in Buncombe, NC, father of Hiram

John Lakey (Lackey) dies 1835 in Buncombe, NC, father of Hiram

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 7:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2009 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: Lakey, Alloway
I have a will of John Lakey, father of Hiram, Elizabeth and Ann Lakey, of Buncombe, NC. Would like to know about his wife, Elizabeth (Jincy) Will also mentions a grandson John Alloway.

Re: John Lakey (Lackey) dies 1835 in Buncombe, NC, father of Hiram

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 9:18PM GMT
I am beginning to search my Lakey ancestors. John A. Lakey and Elizabeth Manor(?) are my gggg grandparents. I would love to see a copy of the will you have for him. Is it attached to your family tree or have you posted it elsewhere?

I do not have any Alloway grandchildren for him in my tree yet.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:37PM GMT
Hi Is this the John S. Lakey b. 1735 in Bertie NC married to Elizabeth Manor on 1755 in Surry Co., NC I know this would have made him almost 100 at death I do not have the death on this John S. Lakey I have?? Best Rena Nicks

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:16AM GMT
No, this man is John C. Lackey, no idea of anything else on him. He did marry an Elizabeth. That is all I have on him.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 2:20AM GMT
It's on Halford family of North Carolina. It is a public tree, so please look at it.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 8:40PM GMT
Thanks.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 8:27AM GMT
Surnames: Lakey
Hi. Thank you for posting this information. However, it would be very helpful to others if you could provide a direct web link to the document your referring to.

This would be most appreciated.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Lackey, Halford, Jackson
I have posted the will on ancestry.com on my family tree entitled Halford's of North Carolina. I am currently in CA and won't be back to OR until the end of April. If you can't view this, please let me know. The tree is public on purpose so everyone can see this will and maybe connect this line of Lackeys.

Posted: 10 Jun 2014 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Lackey, Halford
Upon re-reading the will I find that it reads that Lucy (not Elizabeth) is wife and that 1/3 each goes to wife, Hiram AND Ann Lackey (signifying to me at Ann is Hiram's wife, not John's child) and then the last 1/3 to Elizabeth Halford. I have changed my tree to reflect this. If anyone has any idea who Lucy is, or anyone on this tree, please contact me. Willing to share whatever info I have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions