Search for content in message boards

Murdoch McDuffie

Murdoch McDuffie

Posted: 22 Jun 2003 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MCDUFFIE, CHAPPELEAR, CHILDERS, CHILDRESS, HALL
Murdoch McDuffie b. ca 1799 NC died 1883 Etowah Co., AL.
He married Margaret Chappelear probably in Franklin Co., GA. He later married 2nd to Margaret J. Moore.

Son Thomas Sidney McDuffie married Frances CHilders ca 1851 probably in Cherokee Co., AL. After 1870 they moved to Cass Co., TX.

Anyone interested in this McDuffie family?

We still do not know where Murdoch was born, and we still do not know who his parents were.

Wynell

Re: Murdoch McDuffie

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 5:45PM GMT
Wynell, There has been quite a bit of discussion on this line on the postings of GenForum in Genealogy.com.

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 6:49PM GMT
Thank you for your reply.
I wish I could think of something new to search. I have been working on this for over thirty years.

There are a lot of people working on the "other" Murdoch McDuffie in Georgia. Some have guessed a connection, but so far no proof.

The other Murdoch McDuffie married Abigail Curry, and his family is well documented.

My Murdoch McDuffie married Margaret Chappelear in Franklin County Georgia about 1826. They moved to Cherokee Co., Al. After his first wife died he married Margaret J Hollice Moore. All of the children were by Margaret Chappelear.

Murdoch McDuffie was born c1796 and died 2 May 1883 Etowah Co., Al. No grave site has been found. The census says he was born in NC. There are a few McDuffies with a son old enough to be my Murdoch, but so far I cannot prove him with a family.

I hope someday a new person will come along and perhaps have the needed documents hidden away in his or her attic. Is that a dream?

What I am after is finding his father and mother.

Wynell

Posted: 3 Nov 2010 6:14AM GMT
My g,g,grandmother was Mary McDuffie . her daughter Josephine P. McDuffie was my g,grandmother. She married James Frankline Nunnellee in Meridian MS. In 1883. They had 3 children James, Jody, and Jesse, my grandfather. Jesse married my gramdmother Mary Elizabeth Walker in 1918 in Fort Worth, Tx. If this is your family line I would love to talk to you.
Thanks,
Susan Cole

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 12:59AM GMT
Susan, I am in Salt Lake at the family history library trying to track down Mary McDuffie's husband, M.C., as shown on the 1860 census in Lauderdale Cty, MS. Have not been able to find their marriage with Mary or death or birth records on both, even though they list N.C. as birth state. I have been working on this on and off for 15 yrs. Do you have any info on Mary (death, burial, husband)? There is some speculalation that she might have married John (on the 1850 census with similar kids). Maybe John died and she married M.C. and had Murdock Jackson. Not sure who is Josephine's dad?? Also, there is a Kathy Upshaw (or something like that) that is reseaching Nunnellys. Go to GenForum to see if you can find her postings. Think she has one on Ancestry also.

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Mcduffie/ Nunnellee/ Walker
Hi Sue, I am so glad to hear from you. My cousin Togin Cassell does this professonaly and she helped me find allot of stuff about May McDuffie and the Nunnellee's, my mother's madin name. Jesse was her father, Josephine her grandmother. I can forward death certificats and the results Togin found. She is so much better than me. I just started last March and untill she helped I was stuck. I need your regular email so I can attach. I am not sure how to do it from ancestry.com. I know, I am pittiful. Write me because I really do have some info that may help you. I look forward to hearing from you, Susan

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 3:39AM GMT
I tried to reach Kathye with no luck. I think I have more info she could use. I also have photos. Susan

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 4:30PM GMT
Susan, if you can send today, please use my hubby's e-mail as we have his laptop here. It's RichardPBuckner@cs.com

I will send you a response with a different e-mail address when I get home. We leave here Sunday.

I am really struggling with M.C. (or John) and Mary McDuffee (the way it is spelled on the census).

Anything you can share would be appreciated. Also, send me the contact for the other relative you mention.
Regards,
Sue

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 7:00PM GMT
I forgot to tell you, Joseph McDuffie on the 1860 census is supposed to be Josephine,8 years. my g,grandmother. Josephine P. Mcduffie Nunnellee.

Posted: 9 Nov 2010 9:13PM GMT
Sue, did you get home ok? Write me and let me know what you found,
Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions