Search for content in message boards

Wilhelms in Texas

Wilhelms in Texas

Jo Ann Wilhelm Buck (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 4:01PM GMT
My ancestors came to Texas from Germany through Galveston Island. Realated to the Wilhelms are the Poehls, Benns, Ramms, and Koeppen. My fathers name was Alfred and grandfather was fred. My grandmother was Mary Koeppen. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Wilhelms in Texas

Ruth Casey May (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 7:04PM GMT
I have Texas Wilhelms in my ancestry, also. Johannes (John) Wilhelm emigrated from Prussia and settled in Bastrop County, Texas. I am still researching on this branch. His wife, Elizabeth, was also from Prussia. His daughter, Elizabeth Priscilla Wilhelm, is my great-grandmother. We are related to Wilhelms in Bastrop County and in Comanche County that I know of. If you run across any in your lineage, we may be distant cousins! Good hunting and Merry Christmas!

Hello

Alyssa Poehls (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 1:43PM GMT
Hi My name is Alyssa and I am 12 i am researching ancestral charts and happened to find this info if you know anything about this name could you please email me at MK1215@hotmail.com

Looking for reletives

Alyssa Poehls (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 1:45PM GMT
Hi My name is Alyssa and I am 12 i am researching ancestral charts and happened to find this info if you know anything about this name could you please email me at MK1215@hotmail.com

Wilhelms in Texas

Keri Wilhelm (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:45PM GMT
Hi! Saw your post, and just wanted to say that here is another Wilhelm from Texas. :)
Born in Dallas, and have lived here all my life. Glad to know i'm not one of the only Wilhelm's out there, wonder why people always say our name wrong? LOL

re Wilhelms in Texas

Keri Wilhelm (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 8:19PM GMT
Hi, thanks for replying to my message! I think there are probably a lot of Wilhelms in Texas. My Wilhelm ancestor, Johann "John" Wilhelm, came over from "Prussia" in the early 1800's, and seems to have settled in the Bastrop area. We are also related to Wilhelms in the Comanche, TX area. One of Johann's sons is thought, by certain family members, to have been in San Angelo, and one is thought to have moved to California in the late 1800's. Looking for info is like looking for a needle in a haystack, with a million haystacks, and all of them made of needles! Who knows, maybe our family trees connect back down the tree roots somewhere! Keep in touch!

Ruth Casey May

wilhelms in texas

jo ann wilhelm buck (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2001 9:10PM GMT
you got that right! i've been serching and i can't even get passed my dad. his name was alfred and my grandfather was fred. they were both born in the u.s. but my great grand parents were from germany. if you can help me, please contact me again.

Re: Looking for reletives

Travis Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 2:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi my last name was Poehls 22 years ago when my stepfather changed it, I was born in Hartford Wisconsin my relatives live in Cadott Wisconsin, Grandpa's name was Harold Poehls & grandma Rose Poehls both from Cadott. Harold passed in winter of 1990 and Rose passed summer of 2003. hope that helps

Re: Looking for reletives

m.nichols (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2004 1:38AM GMT
I went to school with a Joe Poehls. I think that is the Family. I think he still lives in the Cadott area. I think he is the one that married a Danielson girl, but that is a long time ago. Try the phone book, find a address, mail a letter. I do that...

Re: Wilhelms in Texas

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 12:15AM GMT
I have Texas Wilhelms in my family also and am looking for Elizabeth P.born Aug. 1874 Who married William born 1861 is this a connection to your Texas Williams. They had Ella Mae, Daniel, James, Erma, Jane, Edwin, Thomas, Mary, Walter, Winnie, Alice.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions