Search for content in message boards

Joseph B. REYNOLDS Orange/Culpeper/Roanoke Co VA

Joseph B. REYNOLDS Orange/Culpeper/Roanoke Co VA

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:23AM GMT
Would like to contact descendants of Joseph REYNOLDS b ca 1750 Orange/Culpeper Co VA, died ca 1825 Roanoke Co VA, married Rachel --
Children were Susannah married Noah (Manoah) HAWKINS; Thomas married Mary LOVE; March Rachel married Josiah MARTIN; Larkin married Hannah FERGUSON; Elizabeth married William WEBSTER; John R. married Mary BAKER; Obediah R. married Sarah SMITH; William L. married Elizabeth CAMPBELL; and Sophia, never married. Believe Joseph's parents were Cornelius and Rachel REYNOLDS of Essex, Caroline and Orange Co VA. Other children of Cornelius may be Richard married Catherine JOHNSTON MORRISON; Tabitha married Jacob CARROL; Sarah married Ralph COGWELL, and Aaron married Caty CHAMBERS. All these marriages in Orange Co VA. Joseph, Richard and Aaron listed together in 1785 and 1786 Culpeper Co VA personal property tax lists.

Rebecca Reynolds...info

LaVon Boucher (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 2:59PM GMT
C.Thomas...?

My posting is one of the newest..recent..check it out..see if your line is close to my line..Roanoake is...the area for my Reynolds..and Morgan line I believe..Rebecca Reynolds married a Morgan..Morgan is my father's side..surname..this is a great=great grandparent...just getting into the Reynold & Croft line..do you have some information to compare and share..your names are familiar too.

lelaine2727@aol.com
LaVon

p.s. please e-mail only at the e-mail above this note...other is work..."thanks"

Reynolds of Virginia

Christine Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 12:01AM GMT
I would love to be a relative of Joseph Reynolds of Culpepper Co. This is the first time I have seen a possibility of the name "Noah" coming from an outside source by marriage.

Do you happen to know if there were any grandchildren of Jos. named "Noah Reynolds" I am searching for a father for my
Noah Milburn Reynolds b. 1808 Va
Some sources say Russell/Lee/Scott county areas. Others look to Pleasants County. Other possibilities would be "William Henry" "Joseph/Josiah" "John C." Of course, it could be a completely different name as we well know. However, I believe that Noah's father died around 1840/50. I have possible brothers for him named: Joseph, William, Daniel.

REYNOLDS IN VA

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 7:22AM GMT
Christine Reynolds: My 2nd Great Grandfather John C. Rennolds/Reynolds was b 9 Dec 1805 Abermarle, VA d 26 Mar 1875 Randolph Co, Boone, MO m Delilah Ann Quisenberry 20 Sep 1829 Boone, MO. His f was Lindsay Reynolds b @ 1773 Albermarle, VA d Aug 1826 Albermarle, VA m Agatha Cogwell 28 Dec 1787 Albermarle, VA. Any link here? Norma Hockett Figgs

Reynolds of Virginia

Christine Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2001 8:07PM GMT
I have absolutely no idea. Everything is possible. I will give you a brief:

Noah M. Reynolds b. 1808 Va
m. Mary Chaney Stone b. 1814 Russell, Va
ch:
Eliza C. 1835
Wiliam Henry 1837
Steven Nathaniel 1839
Elizabeth 1842
Frances Jane 1845
JOSIAH?JOSEPH 1847 (mine)
John Christopher 1851
Noah M. Jr 1855
Mary C. 1858
George Howard "Howey" 1859

Also possibly Sarah b. 1833 Scott Co, Va
m. Jonas Powers...If Noah's parents are Henry and Sarah (Pippin) Reynolds.

As you see, one of Noah's children is named
"JOHN C." It is certainly possible that he named him after a brother.

What I need to know is...Have you ever seen the name Noah for any of the Reynolds line on your tree?

The John C. Reynolds above married Eliza Craft. There children were:
Martha Jane, Joseph Henry, Noah M., Emma, Morgan Tennessee, Sally, John Christine "Chrissy" (I assume that this is a female)

Any info you have on siblings of your John C. or even his father Lesley would be appreciated. Please let me know if you find a "NOAH" anywhere!

Christine

Re: Joseph B. REYNOLDS Orange/Culpeper/Roanoke Co VA

J. Douglas (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reynolds
Hi, I also have a Joseph Reynolds b. 1750 in Caroline, Va. married to Susannah Wright in 1774. The death date is between 1819-1820. I just discovered this information last week when I cracked the "brick wall". The missing link was on my ggggrandfather Washington Reynolds b. 1775 in Orange, Va. d. abt. 1824. Washington Reynolds was married to Catherine Dent Swann b. 1775 d. 1851. One of their daughters was Lucy A. Reynolds who married Rice J. Douglass. Would love to compare notes or corrections with anyone. Thank you,
Joan

Posted: 5 Dec 2007 12:21PM GMT
I descend directly from William Charles/Cornelius? and Elizabet Reynolds Webster. They are my distaff 3xgreat-grandparents and both have gravemarkers in Webster Cemetery about five miles west of my little town here in northeast Missouri. i would love to correspond with you and share information about the many descendants of William and Elizabeth. May I hear from you?

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds-Webster
Hi, please contact my directly at my email cthomas5@prodigy.net about they Reynolds/Webster families.
Cindy Thomas

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 4:34PM GMT
I know your post is old but maybe you hve more info on your Reynolds family & could help me. Is your Cornelius Reynolds from Essex Co Cornelius Sr. or Jr.? I have Cornelius Sr b abt 1680 marr Martha Margaret Beazley abt 1700 in Essex. She was the dau of William Beazley & Mary Ripley.Mary was the dau of Richard Ripley b abt 1610, proberly in England & his wie Elizabeth. I have the following children for Cornelius Sr. & Margaret:
Sarah who marr Peter Dishman who was son of Samuel Dishman & Cornelia Diggs.
William ( no info )
Thomas ( no info )
John ( no info )
Robert ( no info )
Cornelius Jr. ( no info )
Richard ( no info )
Spencer ( no info )
Frances marr William Carter
Tabitha marr Benjamin Beazley
Patty marr John Pemberton
Charles ( need the name of his wife ) his children were :
Anna, Powell & John ( no info other than that )
Any more info on this line apprecited. I knew that some of Cornelius Sr.'s children left Essex for Orange but wasn't sure who they were.
Ollie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic