Search for content in message boards

Looking for carr and O'gara(gurteen)

Looking for carr and O'gara(gurteen)

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Carr, O'Gara
My wife's g grandmother Bridget Carr came to Cincinnati Ohio about 1883 form Killfree,Gurteen Post Office County Sligo. We found out her father was Michael Carr and Ellen O'Gara. Bridgets was born on 18 Dec 1868 per her death cer,but per her birth cer it was 17 Feb 1866. Is there someone out there with the Carr & O'Gara in there tree. She had a brother named Michael Carr who diad in Gurteen about 1946 at the age of 75. She alos had a brother Patrick. any info on any of the above. Thank You R. Robbins

O'Gara

Michael Iannotta (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Gara
My 3x great grandmother was Ann O'Gara (c. 1845-c.1920) of Killavil, Gurteen District. She married a Patrick Colleary of Coolaney. One of their son's, John Colleary (1866-1908) emigrated to New York c. 1888. There are descendants in New York and Florida. The 1901 Census of Ireland shows Ann living on the family farm in Killavil with her son Patrick who became an officer in the Royal Irish Constabulary and was killed in the line of duty in 1921. His descendants reside in California. The time frame would be right for Ann and Ellen to be sisters.

O'Gara

Julie Moss (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Gara, McGill
Hello
We might of had this discussion before, but I had a great randmother called Mary Ellen O'Gara I only know by looking at my grandfathers birth cert she married a Wiliam Thomas McGill he was known to come from Gurteen Sligo parish of Kilfree
By Mary Ellen died in 1918 on her death her age was 46 I was told by family she came from Sligo too but I do not have any knowledge on her marriage cert it states her father to be Thomas a collier as she was maried in Lancashire England in 1889 but I am not sure if this was her real father or again the use of a second christian name.
her are Mary and Wlliams childrens names,
Magaret Ellen
Bartholomew
William
Jack
Jimmy
Mary
Frances
Annie
Thomas
I wonder if any one could know how I can find out.
Julie

Re: O'Gara

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 6:04PM GMT
Hi,

I can obtain a copy of the RIC Service Record of Sergeant Patrick Colleary, born in 1876 and killed on duty on 1 January 1921 if you have not got a copy already.

You can contact me at j_herlihy@esatclear.ie

Best regards,

JIM HERLIHY

Re: Looking for carr and O'gara(gurteen)

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Carr
Hi my Grandmother's name was Bridget Carr Fallon from Gurteen, Co Sligo. My Grandmother had as many as 18 brothers and sisters. One of them was a Luke and Basil Carr. Probably from the same family. My Grandmother came to the U.S. through Ellis Island and settled in NY around the early 1900's. You can probably find out more info through Ellis Island research. Please let me know if you find out anything further. We could possibly be related.

Rose P.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Carr and Grehan
My great grand mother was Honor Carr Grehan who was married to Thomas Grehan of Kiltullaugh. I am trying to find more Carr family and burial plot

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Carr and Grehan
My great grand mother was Honor Carr Grehan who was married to Thomas Grehan of Kiltullaugh. I am trying to find more Carr family and burial plot
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions