Search for content in message boards

KENNEDY database for Co. Down N. IRELAND

KENNEDY database for Co. Down N. IRELAND

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2013 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY
I am building a database of all KENNEDY's of County Down, Northern Ireland (NIR ). I would appreciate any help you can give. I need names, dates, locations, relationships, births, deaths, burials, marriages, christenings, etc.

Agnes Kennedy & Alexander Brown Killyleagh

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY, BROWN, ORR
Greetings Caroline: This is the information in my database on these Kennedy/Brown's.

Given Name-Agnes Kennedy sex-F event-Marriage YEAR-1915 date-5 Feb 1915 Father-John Kennedy Mother-? Spouse 1 name- Brown, Alexander church- Presbyterian notes- Witness WITHERS, J & MCCONNELL, Mary Parish-Killyleagh 2nd
If you come across any Kennedys in County Down, or Brown's or ANY surnames from Killyleagh, please let me know so I can add them to my databases.
Database 1 is all Kennedy's of County Down.
Database 2 is all surnames of Killyleagh and nearby areas (Shrigley, Inch, Cluntagh, Crossgare, Tullyveery etc).

kennedy/brown

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2014 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: kennedy, brown
I have both kennedy and brown in my family , all the info i have as such is that my g.grandmother was Agnes kennedy of Killyleagh who married Alexander Brown on may 2nd 1915 they had 2 children William my granfather and Margaret his sister, we know from william that both his paretns died young and that he and his sister where raised by relatives but whom we do not know, nor what became of Margaret as williwm moved to england where he married and later died in a motorcycle accident aged only 49, but if this is of any help to you i am glade to have been so or if you have any further info i would love to hear from you.

Re: KENNEDY database for Co. Down N. IRELAND

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 2:22AM GMT
I am interested in your Kennedys and related families in County Down. My ancestor was Robert Porter Kennedy (1830-1920). No one knows where the name Porter came in, but it does sound like a family name. There was a Robert Kennedy prior to him, but his middle name is unknown. Ritcheys have a lot of interactions with my Kennedys in Frederick, VA to Greene Co., TN and the families intermarry several times. I am especially interested in County Down as Drumore, PA was settled by people from County Down. My ancestor Daniel Kennedy's son William was name in his will but is not found in Frederick, VA with the rest of the family. A William Kennedy was in Drumore, PA at least by 1756. Drumore, PA also has a man named Robert Porter and some Ritcheys. The 1681 and 1688 rent roles of County Down, Ireland list a John Kennedy as well as David Kennedy, George Kennedy, Dr. Hugh Kennedy, and James Kennedy.. John is a likely name for Daniel's father, as I believe his eldest son was named John. There are Ritcheys and Simpsons on these same rent roles. "Somehow" we are related to Simpsons, but we have not figured the connection out as yet. My DNA matches someone with Simposn in her line, but again the relationship is not known. Most of the men on these particular County Down rent role were from Scotland in the area of Ayr, Wigtown, Dumfries, and Kirkcudbirght. These are prime Kennedy areas. In County Down, Ireland they settled mainly near the towns of Bangor and Killyleagh. Please tell me what Kennedys and Porters you are related to. Elaine Andersen

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 4:08PM GMT
RATHFRILAND, County Down - Michael KENNEDY of Lacken married Margaret THOMPSON of Aughnavallog, daughter of Hugh Thompson. At this time I only have record of two daughters. Isabella Kennedy married 1805 to Michael Kearns/Cairns of Comber, County Down and moved to Ohio, USA. Anne Kennedy married Thomas Kennedy of Lacken in 1810. My great-great grandmother Martha Thompson DALZELL was a sister of Margaret Thompson Kennedy.

Lorna

Posted: 29 May 2014 12:40PM GMT
what was dainel kennedy wife's name...i also have kennedy's in my family ...thank you so much for anyhelp......lhultz50@gmail.com

Posted: 29 May 2014 8:25PM GMT
Daniel Kennedy was in Frederick Co, VA (now Berkeley Co. WV) by at least 1750. He was married more than once. Likely he and his first wife were married in Ireland, possibly Co. Down, and his older children may have been born there. His last wife was named Mary, but her surname is unknown. She was the mother of Col. Daniel Kennedy b. c. 1750, later of Greene Co. TN, and Col. Daniel's older brother Thomas Kennedy. My ancestor, John Kennedy, was from a previous marriage and his mother's name is unknown. I believe he was an adult by 1750, but his birthdate is unknown.

I suspect that my Kennedys may have come from Ayrshire, Scotland to the area of County Down, Ireland with Hamilton and Montgomery.in the early 1600s, but have no evidence of this. A lot of our Kennedy DNA is on file with Family Tree DNA. I would very much like to compare our DNA to a male Kennedy with connections in County Down, Ireland. Write me directly at andersen.elaine.lee@gmail.com. Thanks, Elaine Andersen.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions