Search for content in message boards

swink ancestors in pa.

swink ancestors in pa.

dick hummer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2001 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi. elinor jennings: I am decended from the Hummers & swinks of Cherry Valley, Pa. (near the Delaware Water Gap in Monroe County). Two brothers were farmers, lived on opposit sides of the mountain, did co-operative farming. More recent family Sally Swink died 1950-1960. Hummers of Cherry Valley would have possibly been my ggrandfather William Hummer, he may have married a Swink; his Son, my grandpop, was Charles Matlock Hummer. The Hummer family moved to Oxford, NJ, then to Phillipsburg, NJ. William Hummer died about 1910 to
1915, he lived at that time on Filmore St, Phillipsburg, NJ;
Charles M. Hummer born to W'm about 1876, died Phillipsburg, NJ in 1959. Both had large families. Please share info. best regards. DICK.

Re: swink ancestors in pa.

Posted: 28 Sep 2001 6:56PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2002 8:37PM GMT
Mr. Hummer:
I came across your message on Ancestry.com. I'm sorry I cannot help you with the people you are looking for but in reading I came acrosse the name Johanna Thiesmann, Mother of Elsie Schmidt (Heimann). I don't know if this is a distant relative or not. My Father's name was Lawrence Richard Thiesmann & his Mother's (my Grandmother) name was Ida Mae Thiesmann. These are the only two people I have confirmed knowledge of. I have reason to believe my Grandfather's name was John R. Thiesmann but am now positive. If you have any information you can offer I would be most appreciative. If not, I will just have to keep on looking. I hope you get the information you are searching for.
If you like, you can Email me at the address below if you have any information.

Thanks,

Helen J. Groendyke (Thiesmann)
June_Groendyke@Hotmail.com

Re: swink ancestors in pa./thiesmann

dick hummer (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2001 10:29AM GMT
Hi Helen: Got your message on "thiesmann", sorry, not link-up to that name in our family yet. I am just getting started on family tree and haven't got past me ggranddad yet. If I make the connection, I'll get back to you for sure. Happy hunting.
Dick Hummer

Re: swink ancestors in pa.

Posted: 10 Aug 2004 10:37PM GMT
Need information on Swink family from Pennsylvania. Am writing a history book for the town of Milliken, Colorado.

This is what I know:

Charles A. Swink was born on June 11, 1872 (or maybe 1873)in Strasburg, Pennsylvania. Both of his parents were born in Sweden. He married Emma Carlson, daughter of Charles A. and ??? Carlson in Iowa, date unknown. He was a farmer and businessman in the town of Milliken, Weld County from at least 1900 until his death. His wife died before he did. Charles A. Swink died in 1968. Funeral services were at the Swedish Free Mission Church in Greeley, and he was buried in Linn Grove Cemetery in Greeley, Colorado

Charles had four siblings who survived him:
Allen Swink of Broomfield, Colorado (who has since died). Allen had a son, Walter Swink, also of Broomfield.

Milton Swink of Topton, Pennsylvania. Milton had a son, Milton Swink, Jr., also of Topton.

Elizabeth Swink Goetz of Macungie, Pennsylvania

Elsie Swink Shaeffer of Macungie, Pennsylvania

Apparently Charles had a surviving aunt, Mrs. Sally Frederickson of Easton, Pennsylvania, and he was apparently somehow related to Martha Swink of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The loss of the 1890 census has really hurt my search.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks, Janice -- email cobktime@yahoo.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions