Search for content in message boards

Apilado, Garcia, Rimando, Florendo - La Union

Apilado, Garcia, Rimando, Florendo - La Union

Dennis Studer (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 5:13PM GMT
While checking around for some of my own genealogical background, I thought I'd see if there's anyone out there that knows any more than my wife does about her genealogy. She comes from San Fernando, and her mother (nee Pia Garcia) was born in Naguilian, LaUnion. Her father, Raphael Apilado, was born in Ilocos Sur, but we aren't sure about the town. Garcia is common to both sides of her family tree. The surnames Rimando and Florendo come from her mother's family in Naguilian. If these names and places are at all familiar to you, we would appreciate any help in knowing a little about "the other side of the fence".
I have lucked out and got a lot of genealogy about 2 families on my side. I'm a Canadian of European descent with a mixture that's mainly Irish and German, but also has some Swedish, French, and Swiss blood (that I know of).
Thank you in advance, Salamat po.

Florendo - Iloco Sur?

Melissa Raralio (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 10:12PM GMT
My great grandmother was Luz Florendo, born appx. 1890? before she was married to Lucio Tolentino (also born appx 1880-1890). I am not sure of their birth names. The names I found may have been nicknames so I am not sure. My grandmother (their daughter) was born in Ilocos Sur. and I have never met her in person, but I believe she still lives there in the Phillipines.

I know this may not be of much help, but maybe your wife's family and mine are somehow intertwined. I don't know how common these surnames are in the PI's.

Re: Apilado, Garcia, Rimando, Florendo - La Union

Rudy Apilado (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 4:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Apilado, Jubilo,
My father, Julio Jubilo Apilado, is from San Fernando, La Union. He was born on June 12, 1908. His father's name is Sinforoso Apilado; his mother is Emiliana Jubilo. His brothers are Donato, Ramon; his sister's names are Maria, Anacleta, and Francisca. My father immigrated to the USA in 1930 and worked as a migrant worker in the Los Angeles area (around La Puenta, El Monte, Rosemead); joined the US Army in 1943, 1st Filipino Infantry Regiment; fought in WWII from 1943 to 1946. He returned to the P.I. to marry my mother, Rosalina Serdoncillo Madjos in 1946 (from Tachloban, Leyte). He died April 7, 1967. If there are any familiar first names and surnames please contact me.

Dennis Studer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2001 5:37PM GMT
My wife, Beatriz Garcia Apilado, said that she had a Great-Uncle (her father's uncle) named Julio Apilado, but he would be older than your father because her father(Rafael)was born 24 Oct 1896 and was a WW1 veteran. Rafael Garcia Apilado died 1 Aug 1985 in San Fernando. There are lots of Jubilo's around San Fernando and there could be some common relatives, but probably not close. I suspect that your grandfather (Sinforoso Apilado) was probably a second cousin to Rafael, but we have no proof of it. Was Sinforoso his first name or his mother's surname ?

Paul Alejandrino (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2004 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: Mendoza, Silibio, Rimando, De Ocampo
Hello,
I found this message while I was researching my wife's side of the family. They are from Agoo La Union. I only have names and have not gottem far with my research. My wife's family are direct descendants of Pedro Rimando who married Vicenta Silibio. They had a son Cenon Rimando, married to Leona Mendoza (I think she is also from the La Union area). Cenon is my wife's grandfather. I would greatly appreciate guidance from anyone out there can help me put the puzzle together.

Thank you,
Paul

Posted: 16 May 2012 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Olaran
Hi Rody.
im Virginia Madjos Olaran from kuwait the doughter of Eujinia Serdoncillo Madjos the younger sister of Rosalina Madjos Apilado.
just recently we found out about this msg so we want to contact you & we wish to have a comunication .
my tele: 00965-99300827
00965-96604336
my email: virginiaolaran@yahoo.com
a.alshaheen@kuwaitairways.com

hopping for your earilyer replay

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: Florendo Rimando
Hello
My mom is a Florendo and her mom was Rimando and she was born in Naguilian La Union. My cousins live in America, my sisters are in Australia, Papua New Guinea and America.
I would be interested in how you went as my children now have German, Scottish and Australian descent as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions