Search for content in message boards

ALLEN, JAMES, WAGGONER, WHEELER

ALLEN, JAMES, WAGGONER, WHEELER

Posted: 6 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2001 7:43PM GMT

Interested in information on John JAMES who married abt 1741
Dinah ALLEN, d/o ? William ALLEN and Margaret WAGGONER?. John JAMES
was probably s/o George JAMES and Mary WHEELER.
Happily pay copying cost and will share information I have.re information I have.

Allen, Waggoner

Posted: 10 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 11:45PM GMT
I am interested in more info on Margaret Waggoner & William Allen. Feel free to check out my webpages at:
http://www.nanniesattic.com

If you see a connection, Please email me.

Thanks.

Pauletta

ALLEN, JAMES, WITHERS, WALLER, HITT, etc.

Posted: 5 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2005 10:41PM GMT
I am also descended from Dinah ALLEN and Capt. John James -- through their daughter Sarah JAMES (ca. 1746-1822) who married Peter HITT, Jr. (ca. 1726-1810). Their daughter Dinah HITT (b. 15-Apr-1764, Fauquier Co., VA d. 18-Jul-1842, Fayette Co., KY0 married Tillman KEMPER -- Tillman and Dinah HITT KEMPER are both my ggggg-grandparents and my gggggg-grandparents (thanks to a marriage between cousins).

Anyway, Dinah ALLEN (b. ?-Oct-1716, Stafford Co., VA d. 16-May-1800, Fauquier Co., VA) was the daughter of William ALLEN (b. ca. 1675 d. 31-Jan-1741, Stafford Co., VA) and Margaret (d. 8-Sep-1743) *Unknown* -- not Margaret Waggoner.
(William and Margaret Waggoner Allen are a different couple altogether.) Dinah ALLEN married Capt. John JAMES (b. 16-Mar-1709, Stafford Co., VA d. 25-May-1778, Fauquier Co., VA) ca. 1741.

William Allen's parents are traditionally said to have been a George ALLEN and (Mary?) WITHERS. In addition, it is this ALLEN family that married into both the WITHERS and WALLER families of Stafford Co., VA so many times -- this William Allen's sister Elizabeth was married to William WALLER and at least two of William ALLEN's daughters married children (George and Wm., as I recall) of William and Elizabeth ALLEN WALLER (i.e. their first cousins).

Capt. John JAMES was the son of Thomas JAMES (ca. 1674-1727, Stafford Co., VA) and Sarah E. (MASON?), widow of Andrew BARBEE. George JAMES (who married Mary Wheeler) was, in fact, the brother of this Capt. John JAMES. Thomas JAMES was the son of John and Elizabeth JAMES.

Much of this information can be found in the Overwharton Parish Register (the 1960s edition).

I would welcome any additional information on the ALLEN and JAMES families and am especially interested in finding out the identities of William ALLEN's wife and parents. Thanks.

Jeff Duvall
jeffery@iquest.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions