Search for content in message boards

John Cook of York, England

John Cook of York, England

Dee Nix (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 1999 8:00AM GMT
Am searching for info about my End-of-Line Relative.John Cook born 1810 married Ann Leger 1833 in New York. (clinton County)
Know of at least 1 child... mary Ann Cook born 8 Oct 1836 in Clinton County New York. Wondering if anyone can help me with the pieces to this puzzle. Thanks

Re: John Cook of York, England

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dee:
I have a John Cook who married Ann Leger in Clinton County New York. If you send me your email address, I'll get the information to you that I have on the Leger family. I believe John and Ann settled in Green Bay area along with other members of her family. Don't have anything on John Cook.

jay cook (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2002 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Cook
William Cook, my great grandfather, was the son of John and Anna Cook. The family history I have only mentions that John Cook emigrated to Canada at age fifteen and spent five years there before moving to New York state. From there he moved to Wisconsin in 1856 where he conducted a tavern. He died in 1890 or 1891. I have a rather interesting history of William Cook if you are interested. The details of ancestors in England are unfortunately not available.

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: COOK, FLORENTIN, FLORENTINE
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that in the Benoit Pontbriand book of Roman Catholic Marriages from 1830-1880 in Clinton County, NY, the following entry is in it:

M. Anne Cook (16) married Isaac Bordeau on 12-31-1853 at St. Joseph's Church in Coopersville, NY (St. Joseph's was built in 1843). Under the M. Anne Cook entry, it has her parent's as witnesses, and their names were: John Cook and Justine Leger (accent on the first e).

With this book, I was able to finally find the parents of my ancestors, who were Louis COOK and Mary FLORENTIN (FLORENTINE). Louis COOK was born about 1800 and their whole family moved to Plattsburgh, NY (Clinton County) in about 1840.

I will also e-mail this information to you. I hope it helps!
Michelle Cook
per page

Find a board about a specific topic