Search for content in message boards

Matteson-Horatio Nelson (born 1822)

Matteson-Horatio Nelson (born 1822)

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 5:46AM GMT
This is from the National Genealogical Society Quarterly:Eliza Beebe born 30 Oct 1829 in Ellisburg,NY, married Horatio Nelson Matteson (born 4 Oct 1822,Melville, NY), suposely the son of Horatio Nelson Matteson, but this is incorrect, I beleive.
Still need the parents for Horatio Nelson Matteson that was born 1817 in New York and married Abigail Butler.

Re: Matteson-Horatio Nelson (born 1822)

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 4:38AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 4:40AM GMT
Hi Ken- i am also looking for Horatio's parents- his grandson George Washington Matteson is my great grandfather. Info I have from the Nebraska historical society shows that he listed his fathers birthplace as rhode island and mother's bp as new york. in 1880 census, Horatio is living in Lincoln Township, Neb. with his daughter Amy ostrander and her family. I also have info from the New York Census showing a Horace living with his brother Perry in Oswego county. Horace was born either in 1821 or 1822. The similiarity could mean something. I am in the process of cataloging all my 30 years of research and will keep you posted if I come up with any more. Also - just a note - Horatio supposedly came from the Moses Matteson lineage but I have yet to make the connection. keep in touch- Mary

J.B. Ford Salazar (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Mattison Matteson
A Horatio Nelson Mattison was a son to Solomon Mattison and Lydia Himes/Hymes. He lived in New York City. This isn't the same Horatio that moved to Nebraska in the 1860's. I've Listed the Horatio married to Abigail Butler as Horatio N. Matteson. I've never been able to find a middle name, so where can I verify that his middle name was Nelson? Cora White/Ford was my Grandmother.

Kenneth E. Deckard (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 2:27AM GMT
Joy, would you please e-mail me at KDecford@aol.com
I am Walter Ford's grandson, we spoke a few years ago.

Posted: 27 Feb 2002 8:05AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 4:40AM GMT
Is this the same Solomon and Lydia Hines that were in Oswego County, New york? or around the Rennselear, ny area...If so i'm really in-bred! My grandmother was the great grandaughter of Horatio and Abigail Eliza Butler...His middle name was Nelson...He is buried in Blair Nebraska...Let me know...By the way do you have any more info on Cora White?

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 5:04AM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2004 4:50AM GMT
I have info from the Washington County, Ne. geneological society and went there myself to pool info.
I have a lot on this line including your White/ ford info....Alexander White was Horatio's son in law.
They arrived in Blair, Nebraska in the 1870's after traveling around quite a bit. They have quite an interesting history, including indian heritage and Civil War Heroism. -
A Mrs. E. White and George Ford stood up for Abigail Eliza Butler Matteson at her second wedding to William Richards.
She was 76 at the time, and Mr. Richards was killed shortly after in a Tornado at Herman, Nebraska.
I'll get it all together and post it here.
Mary Matteson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic