Search for content in message boards

John Myers/d 1821/Cumberland Co., PA

John Myers/d 1821/Cumberland Co., PA

Posted: 19 Feb 2001 5:57AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:39PM GMT
I am looking for John Myers who married a Catharine North in Cumberland Co. PA. Catharine was born 3/4/1787. John died in 1821. They had 2 children: Henry and Moses.
This was a second marriage for Catharine.

Myers' in Pennsylvania

Dennis Myers (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2001 5:34AM GMT
Read your query concerning John Myers of Pennsylvania, from back in the 1700's. I had a 'great-great grandfather' named Jacob Myers, who was from Pennsylvania. He was born probably around the end of that century. Do you have anything in your search records concerning him. My father's brother had the name of 'John Walter Myers'.

Myers in Penn

Posted: 20 Feb 2001 1:56PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:39PM GMT
Dennis,
I have posted all the information I have on this family. Sorry I cannot help you more.

JACOB MYERS...PA

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:21PM GMT
I just read your posted message regarding your 'great-great grandfather' named Jacob Myers, who was from Pennsylvania.

I am looking for my great-great grandfather, also named Jacob Myers, born in Perry County, PA. Unsure of birth date, but my great grandfather, Jackson Wallace Myers was born 9/30/1855, in Etna, PA. I have more Myers info if anything clicks.

Judi

Jacob Myers

Richard Myers (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 7:47PM GMT
I have a Jacob Myers born 11 Oct 1780. He would have been my GGGGGGrandfather. Would like to if there is any connection.

Jacob Myers

Dennis Myers (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 7:33AM GMT
The 'Jacob Myers' that I am related to was married to 'Laverna White' He was my 'great-great-grandfather'. HIs son, Ezra Myers, was my 'great-grandfather' (12/22/1843-12/23/1911). He had three sons: Carl William (my grandfather); Thomas Oliver and Walter L., and one daughter, Nellie Agnes. Is any of this in your family line. Hope that it is some kind of help. You may recontact me at Solitude007@aol.com if I can be of any more help. I am a 'rookie' at this genealogy stuff.

Myers in Pa.

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 10:52AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:35PM GMT
Am looking for relatives of Martha Myers. My ggrandmother. Lived in the Philly/Chester area. M James Henry Salkeld. Children: Charles Foster(Methodist minister) m Matilda Bennett Tees. He b 6/25/1888 d1/69. Florence b 11/26/1894 d 8/66. m Wesley Cann. She lived in the Mayfair section of Philly. Now a school on the property. Either James or Martha remarried after the death of their spouse. Charles had 2 children--Charles Jr. & Florence(my mother) m Walter I Glassmoyer in Lebanon Pa. b4/22/18 I believe in Shaft, Pa. d 10/27/55 in Lebanon, Pa. Can anyone help? Karen

Jacob Myers

Richard L. Myers (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2001 8:31PM GMT
I have a Jacob Myers that was born 11 Oct 1780 in Greene Co. Pa. He was married to Mary Corbly and they had 13 kids. His parents were Peter Myers and Mary Hibbs. Would like to know if this might be the same Jacob that you are talking about. Thanks
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 11:08AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 12:49PM GMT
Karen: I also had Myers ancestors in Philly at the turn of the century. My great-grandfather was George Myers and great-grandmother Mary Swift Myers. My grandmother was Bertha Myers Eberhard (born in 1906). I don't know that much about the Myers line. My great-grandfather George left (or was thrown out by his wife... family history has it that he was not faithful to her) when my grandmother was a small child. Apparently at the time of his disappearance there was a fire at the oil refinery where he worked, so he could have died in the fire.
Mary Swift Myers was left with several children to take care of and she took in washing to support the family. That's about all I know about the Myers'. I've been looking around on the net, but I haven't seen anything about this line. Hopefully we can make a connection somewhere. Please contact me at Mariannewrites@aol.com.

Myers of Pa.

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:35PM GMT
Marianne, Thank you for your reply. I have no other info at this time. We hope to make some trips to Philly this summer to see what we can find. Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions