Search for content in message boards

DNA

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 4:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone done a DNA on the Howell's( Howle)/Dunagan/Dunigan?

Also.does anyone know where Jerry, Vera Howell's son is? He is my cousin and we would love to hear from him.

Thanks,
Shirley
Posted: 29 Dec 2012 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Howell, Dunagan, Dewitt
I do not know Jerry but my husband is related to Howles or Howell and Dunigans or Dunnagans. He is Connie Lee Anderson who is also related to Dewitts. We have no DNA info.
Posted: 5 Jan 2013 7:25PM GMT
How is your husband related to the Howells/Dunigans if you don't mind me asking?.My grandma Mary Ophelia was the daughter of Griff and Lou Pace dunigan and my grandpa John Bettis/JB was the son of James Monroe and Amellia Jane Walker Howle/Howell.

Aunt Effie said only my grandpa and his brother Foster were the only ones who spelled their last name Howell LOL.
Posted: 6 Jan 2013 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2013 2:10AM GMT
My husband is Connie Lee Anderson. His mother was Bertie Lee Dewitt. Her mother was Ella M Dunagan. Ella Howle was Connie's grandmother. She married John Sylvester Anderson. My husband knew an Effie Howell but does not if she was kin. He knew an Ophelia but do not know if kin but thinks she was Woodie Earl Dunagan's grandmother. Woodie's mother was Essie Lee Howell. Connie is maybe Woodie's third cousin.
Posted: 7 Jan 2013 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Sheffield, Poole, Roberts, Counselman, Sellers, Estes, Purvis, Howle/Howell
Effie Howle is my GGGG grandmother, who married William Monroe Purvis. Would love to share information on the Howles/Purvis.
Posted: 7 Jan 2013 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Dewitt, Howell/Howel, Dunagan
I do not have more info on these families but would like for you to give me what you have. My husband mentioned to me a name that I have forgotten and I will send it to you. I saw Counselmen on your surname list. I know Connie had an uncle Jim Counselman. I once dated Bobby Joe Counselman. His parents were Benjamin Franklin Counselman and Maude Blackmon Counselman. I let him go and have regretted it ever since!!!!! He and most of his family have passed away! I think he has one sister living-Jackie Reddick and she is on facebook. Sincerely, Bonnie PS You must be quit young for Effie Howle to be your GGGGgrandmother.
Posted: 7 Jan 2013 5:36AM GMT
My husband said an Ophelia was married to a Henry Howell. The were the grandparents of Woody Dunagan.
Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Sheffield, Poole, Roberts, Counselman, Sellers, Estes, Purvis, Howle/Howell
My side starts with: Thomas Howle who married Ann Hawkins,
Thomas daughter Effie (born Sept 1824) married William Monroe Purvis,
Effies daughter Margaret Samantha Purvis married Andrew Kuntzelman-Counselman, Samantha & Andrews son William Madison Counselman married Bessie Vernon Estes, William & Bessie daughter LaMettie married Johnny Floyd Roberts, LaMettie daughter Nettie Ree married Hueght Poole, daughter June (My mother) married George Frank Sheffield ( My father).

I see there is a Effie Mary Howle whos father is James Monroe Howle who is son James Monroe Howle who is brother of My Effie Howle. I am assuming this is your line of Howle?
Posted: 7 Jan 2013 9:15PM GMT
Bobby Joe Counselman would be my 1st cousin 3x times removed.

Bobby Joe Counselman son of Benjamin Counselman
Benjamin Counselman son of Andrew Counselman & Margaret Samantha Howle Purvis (daughter of Effie Howle)..

Yrs ago I was in contact with Wilbur Williams who said that the Howle family helped my GGGG grandfather Phillip Kuntzelman/Counselman and family when they came to America from Germany in 1854. Phillip his wife Eva, Phillips father Johann Kuntzelman are buried at the Howle/Howell cemetary in Clarke County.
Posted: 10 Jan 2013 5:48PM GMT
No, that must be a different Ophelia. My grandma was Mary Ophelia Dunigan ( Sis) who married my grandpa John Bettis (JB)Howle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions