Search for content in message boards

Jennie Gilmore

Jennie Gilmore

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 2:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2012 2:53PM GMT
I have recd details of a possible relative from a subscriber
what I am trying now to find is if she married in USA or perhaps was married on arrival.

Name: Jennie Gilmore last residance 19118 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Born: 24/12/1890
Died May 1970

had 2 sons Stephen D Gilmore, Thomas M Gilmore

Again I still have no idea of when she arrived in USA and did she take US Naturalisation after she arrived, if so how can I find out.

Tom

Re: Jennie Gilmore

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 4:21PM GMT
I am confused by your query, particularly the part about the marriage. GILMORE is her married name. I have evidence that her husband was Stephen St. John Gilmore, butler to the family of Samuel F. Houston, banker of Philadelphia.

Do you still think this woman is a relative?

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 4:31PM GMT
Tom. Her husband was Stephen St John Gilmour/Gilmore, when he arrived in 1912 from Northern Ireland he indicated he was single. He became a naturalized citizen on Jun 28 1921. I found a passenger list where he, Jennie and the two boys returned form a trip, Jennie was indicated to be a citizen by virtue of her husband. In the 1930 census they both indicated they arrived in 1913 and were naturalized citizens. Couldn't find more on her without her maiden name. Not related, just trying to help. Don

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 11:29AM GMT
I have a letter from a Phiadelphia lawyer to my Aunt bequething a sum of money to her neice. So she was a relative but I cant find a Jennie in my family tree but perhaps she was a relation on my Grandfathers mothers side and I think their name was Mc Curry.

I am new to geneology and dont know how to get from one relative to another going back, and what really I don't know is how to get other siblings?

If you can give me some guidance I would appreciate it!

Tom

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 5:54PM GMT
Tom

If you grew up on Donegall Ave and Kathleen was your mum
then I am your 2nd cousin. Your grandfather Thomas was my
mum Sunsan's brother and Jennie's sister (my mum was the
youngest of the Wilson family.) We grew up on Donegall Ave
and i was called after my mums her sister Jennie I was
Jennie Iris Gilmore McCurdy ! Hope this helps.

Iris

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 9:59AM GMT
Hi Iris,

Yes you are correct and we also attended ST.Simons Primary School.
I assume that since you are reading my original post that you are interested in Family History however I hadnt got your mums dob and I cant find Jennie anywhere so I wasn't sure if it came from Mc Curdy side of family.
If you are interested drop me a note on my e-mail address t.millar1946@hotmail.co.uk and we can correspond from there as there may be some facts I can help you with and vice versa. Are you and John still together and where are you living now in Northern Ireland or further afield? I knew you where called Jennie Iris Mc Curdy but didn't know you also had Gilmore as part of your name!

Tom

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 10:03AM GMT
Her maiden name was Wilson if that helps. However I dont know how to access US Census so from that point you could point me in the right direction.

Tom

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 8:06PM GMT
I have found that details you gave me are correct. Her maiden name was Jane Wilson, I dont know how Jennie came about as I have been unsuccessful in getting Birth certificate. Can you advise me how to get Naturalization papers, marriage details and where they entered The states and what ship they arrived on and where they married on arrival.
Also how to search earlier census's?

Regards
Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions