Search for content in message boards

Stricklin (Strickland)

Stricklin (Strickland)

Jimmie Harris (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2004 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stricklin, Strickland
I am trying to find information on where my gg-grandfather was buried. His name was John Stricklin or Strickland, and he died in 1933 in Nashville, Davidson County, Tn. His family was from Robertson and Sumner Counties. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jimmie

Re: Stricklin (Strickland)

C. Pepper (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2004 2:18AM GMT
There are several Strickland's and Stricklin's in Robertson County, but I find no record of a John being buried here with either spelling during the time you indicated. Could you provide more info on who his parents were. Maybe they are here. I do have some info on the name Strickland,though, if I can help, I will.

Jimmie Harris (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2004 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Stricklin (Strickland)
John was born September 15, 1851 in Robertson County to John Stricklin (Strickland) and Elizabeth Stark. Both parents are supposed to be buried in Pleasant Grove Methodist Church Cemetery. John was married to Lourinda Martha Shannon who had married an Owens, but was a Widow, on April 12, 1870 in Robertson County. Lourinda is buried in Pleasant Grove Cemetery, having died March 6, 1904. There is a place beside her that only has a field stone at it, but I don't know if Joh is actually buried there. I know that his son Robert Lee Stricklin is also buried at Pleasant Grove Cemetery. I thought that someone might know if his funeral and location were stated somewhere, such as the local paper, etc. I have not found it yet. Again, any information that would help me locate his burial spot would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jimmie

pepper (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2004 3:26AM GMT
In answer to your question, Robert Lee Stricklin was born October 17, 1878 and died June 19, 1924 and is buried at Pleasant Grove Cemetery. He does have a tombstone. This information came from the tombstone. And there are 7 other names of Stricklin in that cemetery. If some of these would help in any way I will send them to you. I cannot confirm the other one, John, that you are searching for, as I do not find a tombstone for him. There are several graves there with only fieldstones. However I am trying to document each person buried there, so if you confirm your search that he is there, would appreicate you sharing that with me......Thanks.....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions