Search for content in message boards

McKinney in Darien, Sharon and Allens Grove

McKinney in Darien, Sharon and Allens Grove

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKinney, McCann, Taggart, Gregg, Carey, Evans, Liddle
HI, I'm looking for information on the MCKINNEY family. I have William (my ancestor) and brother James (m. Sara MCCANN) arriving from Scotland or N. Ireland about 1884. William m. Margaret TAGGART before they immigrated. Children, some b. before immigration: Archibald (my ancestor m. Elizabeth GREGG), Lillian (m. Charles EVANS), Alexander (m. Sarah CAREY), Annie (m. Robert LIDDLE), and 5 others (no names). I have James' children: Margaret, Anna, William, Sara, Mary. Looking for info on William and James' parents and other family. Thanks

Re: McKinney in Darien, Sharon and Allens Grove

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 2:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKinney
Several of the names you mentioned are buried in the Allens Grove cemetery, known as Mt. Philip Cemetery. That cemetery is located in Bradford township, Rock County, Wisconsin. It looks like both William and his brother Janes and their wives are buried there. I have the page from the listing in a publication from 1976 if you need a copy. Contact me direct at SJS@pensys.com

Re: McKinney in Darien, Sharon and Allens Grove

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 12:21AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: McKinney,Chamberlain
Marriage recorded in Rock co vol6 page 381 On 1898 Dec 04, in Janesville, MCkenney, William R of Allens Grove, born Sco,Greenock to William and Mary Taggert to Chamberlain, Josephine, born in WI,Bradford to Henry and Ann Carroll.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic