I have from WILLIAMS census data (Wilson Co., TN) a Georgie Etta WILLIAMS/SEAT (born abt 1862/1864 TN/IL; died 1947 TX) showing up as an orphan (1870 & 1880 US Census). Georgie Etta SEAT is my great grandmother. I am looking to track down her parents and past.
From a 1997 query found here http://www.tngenweb.org/wilson/queries/wilsar01.htm
"Jay L. Hallaron Sun Jul 27 12:36:04 1997
Researching Barn(s)fields that married in Wilson Co.
(1) Richard Barnsfield m. Ann Eliza WILLIAMS,
(2) Robert Barnsfield m. Telitha Ann SEATT,
(3) Ann Barnsfield m. William Thomas SEATT,
(4) Martha Barnsfield m. Hiram C WOODARD,
(5) William Barnsfield m. Mary MERCHANT,
(6) George Barnsfield m. Polly WILLIAMS,
(7) John Barnsfield m. Martha J JACKSON, and
(8) Louisa Barnsfield m. Joseph E LAIN.
Trying to identify the parents of Barnsfield spouses and parentage of several of the Barnsfields."
My "Nettie Jane WILLIAMS" married a "Thomas SEATT" in 1859, Wilson County, Tennessee, please see attached *.jpg file. Nettie J WILLIAMS had a sister Eliza A WILLIAMS (1850 US Census).
My current assumption is that there was a 'tragedy' in one of the WILLIAMS sisters marriages that resulted in Georgia Etta WILLIAMS/SEAT becoming an orphan.
QUESTION: Is there a Barn(s)field researcher that has any information of this collection of families in Wilson Co., TN circa 1860 that could clarify what I have found to-date?